Building my first PC

belfong

Ok, i'm sorry about that.
So do u think this is worth buying, Kingston HyperX 1024MB (1GB) 800MHZ DDR2 DIMM CL5 NON-ECC (5-5-5-15) (Kit of 2)?

belfong

Can i mix these?
Kingston HyperX 1024MB (1GB) 800MHZ DDR2 DIMM CL5 NON-ECC (5-5-5-15) (Kit of 2)
and
Kingston HyperX 512MB 800MHZ DDR2 DIMM CL4 NON-ECC (5-5-5-15)

belfong

Allso, do u think 1gb RAM (Kingston HyperX 1024MB (1GB) 800MHZ DDR2 DIMM CL5 NON-ECC (5-5-5-15) (Kit of 2)) will be enough?

Jet

VIP Member
You want 2GB with that setup. If you have to lower the capacity of your ram to get DDR2 800, it's not worth it.

EDIT: can you say how much everything in USD is? How much more (or less) is the E6300?

belfong

it's 1,901.37 USD.
And the e6300 is 100€ cheaper.

Edit: 100€ is worth, 126.768 USD.

Last edited:

Jet

VIP Member
Does the store you are buying from sell Core 2 Duo motherboards?

(or what I'm asking is do they sell the Gigabyte GA-965P DS3)

belfong

Yes they have got it.
I took the Kingston HyperX 2048MB, adn damn... costed me 340€, as much as the graphic card.:eek:

Iluvpenguins

Sounds like he just wants the AMD guys,let him have it.That Cpu is perfectly fine,yes the core 2 duos are faster,but the X2 5000+ is very fast too,you cannot have 1gb and then 512 of ram mixed,they wont dual channel and you sacrifice performance,get 2x1gb sticks of DDR2 800 ram and they will run in dual channel,try getting matching brands as they will perform better with each other.

Jet

VIP Member
Yes they have got it.
I took the Kingston HyperX 2048MB, adn damn... costed me 340€, as much as the graphic card.:eek:

Don't spend money on HyperX!!! It is a complete waste of money, except if you have an unlimited budget.

you cannot have 1gb and then 512 of ram mixed,they wont dual channel and you sacrifice performance,get 2x1gb sticks of DDR2 800 ram and they will run in dual channel,try getting matching brands as they will perform better with each other.

Actually you can, if you get 2x512MB and 2x256MB, though I wouldn't recommend it for sacrificing upgradability.

belfong

Don't spend money on HyperX!!! It is a complete waste of money, except if you have an unlimited budget.

What do you mean? I thought they were good?

Geoff

VIP Member

What do you mean? I thought they were good?

They are, but there really expensive. And most likely your not going to notice much if any of a difference in real-world games and apps.

belfong

ok. but i'm taking them anyway. But thanks for the tip ;)
So this is my final set-up:

-NZXT Lexa aluminum ATX
-Kingston HyperX 2048MB
-AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+
-Seagate Barracuda 7200.10, 250gb
-XFX GeForce 7900GT 520M 2
-Abit AN9 32X Fatal1ty AM2
-Antec True Power II 550W

Thanks for all the tips:)

Geoff

VIP Member
I think its a mistake going with the X2, but oh well.

How much are you paying for the 5000+ anyway?

Iluvpenguins

Actually you can, if you get 2x512MB and 2x256MB, though I wouldn't recommend it for sacrificing upgradability.

I was talking about just a plain 1gb stick and a plain 512mb stick,guess i wasn't clear :rolleyes: