building my own mouse

jesse kraus

hey there,

im just doing a fun little project to see what "modifications" i can make to my mouse. i have already spray painted some of the stuff but the colors did not match the leds inside and using my brains i realized there is no such thing as blue primary light, so i only got red yellow and green leds. lucky i have red spray paint, so i just did the stuff that was needed to respray the things. but after respraying the mouse looks like it has rashes all over it, so i was thinking, what if i was able to build my own mouse "case". i still have the buttons and everything, just the thing that holds them all has an std.

now my question is, where do i start my adventure? i have 0 budget but i can crank it up to 20 euro if needed. i dont have a 3d printer and my skills with 3d modeling are absolute shit, but i believe its possible.

i could also just remove the paint from the parts that are painted, but yeah... thats boring. dont give shit advice like "buy a new mouse" or "remove the paint", i know thats the best, but its all about exploring new stuff and learning.

jesse kraus

hmmm. well, i havent decided what material im gonna use but the idea isnt dead yet! it might be really hard but creativity always finds its ways around. i could also remove the paint from the thingy and just modify the existing parts.

about the rgb, i really did not think about that but before now i was 99% sure that the primary colors of paint were red yellow and blue and the primary colors of light are red green and yellow, but thinking about stuff now it might have been red green blue XD