Hello everyone,
It has been 5 long years since I built my last computer, and needless to say, I cannot wait to have this thing up and running. My current computer specs: AMD 3500FX, Nvidia 6600 GT, 2gigs crappy ram and a 75gig HD.
I have only acquired the PSU and the Case so far, anything else can be modified per everyone's suggestions.
Case: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I5JHB0/ref=oss_product
PSU: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000X2677A/ref=oss_product
Mobo: Looking for suggestions here.... I am a complete newb when it comes to overclocking but looking to broaden my horizons. I was thinking Asus or Gigabyte.
Ram: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231306
GPU: Suggestions please.... I'm looking to spend around 200 +/- 50$ or so.
HD: http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Mainstr...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1276217286&sr=8-1
or
http://www.amazon.com/WD-VelociRapt...3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1276217328&sr=1-3
Is a SSD really worth it? I heard that by the end of the year, a company (forgot the name) was coming out with a "ground breaking" SSD that will drop the prices of SSD significantly.
Heatsink: http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1276217449&sr=1-1
Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys!
It has been 5 long years since I built my last computer, and needless to say, I cannot wait to have this thing up and running. My current computer specs: AMD 3500FX, Nvidia 6600 GT, 2gigs crappy ram and a 75gig HD.
I have only acquired the PSU and the Case so far, anything else can be modified per everyone's suggestions.
Case: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I5JHB0/ref=oss_product
PSU: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000X2677A/ref=oss_product
Mobo: Looking for suggestions here.... I am a complete newb when it comes to overclocking but looking to broaden my horizons. I was thinking Asus or Gigabyte.
Ram: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231306
GPU: Suggestions please.... I'm looking to spend around 200 +/- 50$ or so.
HD: http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Mainstr...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1276217286&sr=8-1
or
http://www.amazon.com/WD-VelociRapt...3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1276217328&sr=1-3
Is a SSD really worth it? I heard that by the end of the year, a company (forgot the name) was coming out with a "ground breaking" SSD that will drop the prices of SSD significantly.
Heatsink: http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1276217449&sr=1-1
Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys!