Building new pc need help

DKdeadly

I wanna build a new pc right now.I have collected some money and my budget is not that cheap.I have decided on the following components so far:

AMD Athlon 64 FX60 Toledo 2000MHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core Processor($1,011.99 )
3x Western Digital Raptor X WD1500AHFD 150GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM each($335.00 )all($1005)
2x OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory each($489.99 ) all($979.99)
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce SPP 100 ATX AMD Motherboard ($189.99 )
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1KW EPS12V 1000W Power Supply ($469.99 )
4x XFX PV-T71F-YDP9 GeForce 7900 GTX EXTREME (690MHz) 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card each($599.00) all(2399.96)
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card ($385.00 )
PLEXTOR Black 18X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 10X DVD+R DL 18X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 24X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache E-IDE/ATAPI DVD Burner(99.99)

Total system + case(without blocks)=7216.90

And my case which i wanna get:

http://www.frozencpu.com/cst-374.html

+hard drive block+cpu block+graphic card block(2x)

tell me what you think?

Last edited:

bigsaucybob

1. I think the drives are a total waste of money. But with your budget, who really cares

2. 4GB of RAM is a bit of an overkill, what will you be using this computer for?

3. I dont know what you plan on doing with 4 7900GTX and an SLI motherboard, maybe I am missing something

4. With an soundcard like that, you should probably get some nice speakers

5. When spending ~$650 on a case, it should pick your nose, wipe your ass, and serve you ice cold beverages automatically

DKdeadly

With the 4 graphic cards i will put 2 in x16 and the other in normal.

i will try to make it quad graphic card pc

and what about the case you mean it that its too expensive for the stuff that it does??(not good enought????)

And mostly this pc will be used for extreme gaming that is why i want some nice ram and those 4 graphic cards cuz i will be playing on big tv and i need some nice resoulution and nice graphics..

Last edited:

bigsaucybob

DKdeadly said:
With the 4 graphic cards i will put 2 in x16 and the other in normal.

i will try to make it quad graphic card pc

and what about the case you mean it that its too expensive for the stuff that it does??(not good enought????)

And mostly this pc will be used for extreme gaming that is why i want some nice ram and those 4 graphic cards cuz i will be playing on big tv and i need some nice resoulution and nice graphics..

Well the motherboard only has 2 PCI-E slots. I think you need a special type of motherboard for Quad SLI, I could be wrong.

Instead of that case, just buy a full tower and a watercooling kit. I just dont see what is so great about the case.

DKdeadly

I dont think that u need a special board for 4 gpu's cuz i saw the asus a8n32 board and there were 4 gpu's two in x16 and 2 in the other pci slots

And about the case and cooling i think that koolance water cooling should cool of the cpu's ass and 4 graphic cards at least i heard it is good.Plus the cases it has a good air flow it has about 3 or 4 fans and its big you could fir a lot of stuff in there..

DKdeadly

Also need some advise who could put this system together for me..

Do you know any company that put computer like you send in the parts and pay and they put the whole computer for you but proffessionals..

Or any store(good store) in ny cuz i am from brooklyn in ny too...

i will be very thankful

bigsaucybob

It's your money, you do what you want with it.

If there is a local computer shop near you, they can put the computer together for you.

DarkJokerX

Google a picture guide to putting one together its very easy im sure you could do it with a simple guide and save yourself some money.

Last edited:

DKdeadly

i was looking on google but they only have the writen built step by step without any pictures mabye you know some good web sides?

WeatherMan

for quad sli, you dont need 4 cards lol, you just get dual core cards, making 2 cards in one, that is why its called Quad SLi, you can either get a 7900gx2 or wait for the dual core G80's to come out, you just get 2 dual core cards and SLi them making you have 4 cores, which is Quad SLi.

bigsaucybob

Bootup05 said:
for quad sli, you dont need 4 cards lol, you just get dual core cards, making 2 cards in one, that is why its called Quad SLi, you can either get a 7900gx2 or wait for the dual core G80's to come out, you just get 2 dual core cards and SLi them making you have 4 cores, which is Quad SLi.

I thought the same thing but why is that when you search Quad SLI in google images, every single picture has 4 cards?

Except for maybe 2 or 3.

DKdeadly

Umm that web side is not bad but i just dont wanna put the pc by my self because i dont know how to do it and i dont wanna try cuz i will spend a lot of money for this computer and i never putted a pc like this before with 4 graphic cards and all that stuff.

And the 4 gpu thing that you were guys talking about i think quad sli means 4 GPU's(4 graphic cards) because i order magazines and there was this review and the quad pc had 4 graphic cards and even the new dell that came out it has quad sli and inside there are 4 grapic cards not 2 with multi gpu

So i dont know and once again mabye if you know a company that could put my rig together or some good stores around NY i would very thankful..

flush01

i believe this
2x OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory each($489.99 ) all($979.99)

will not work with amd's... it only accepts DDR, only intel takes ddr2, someone correct me if im wrong

construct

If you want a fully customised computer go to this fantastic site

www.structonline.com

you pick every component and they build it absolutely free, with a secure payment processing utility, take all the mess out of building your own computer when they do it all for you.

All compaitability issues are taken into account and you are only shown compaitble parts.

Only delivers to UK at the moment, but will be delivering to US soon.
Tell me what you think of it. Thanks

Last edited:

construct

If you want Struct to deliver to US on this special occasion please contact me either through the website or through the forum. The delivery cost may be a bit dearer.

asdfguy

holy cow, over 7 G's on a computer w/o a monitor...that's insane. would 4 graphics cards even help? and a thousand dollor cpu.....wow. i'm not sure how much of a performance gain youre gonna get spending that much money on all that stuff. i can't help but wonder if you've just kind of looked at the most expensive stuff and said, ok, one of those. and in other cases...four of those. almost doesn't seem worth it.

where abouts in NY are you? i live 40 min away from frozencpu. you can maybe take it to soyata, but i'm not sure if i trust those guys.

build it yourself. it seems like you don't know much about what you're doing, (i don't mean that to be rude) i think that if you read about it a little bit you might save yourself quite a bit of cash, and possibly aggrivation - who knows, maybe even a couple of graphics cards.

are you running raid at all? why 3 HDD's?

back to the cpu for a minute, why do you want that one?