Building new pc need help

DKdeadly

yea but i am talking about the using of watts if i get 1000 watts will the whole pc use 1000 watts or only like 600 or 500 for the parts..

or let me put it this way if a pc parts like your need 600 watts and you get a 1000 watts power supply will the whole pc use 600 watts that it need or will it use the whole 1000 watts..

Cuz 1000 watts using all the time for pc that is a lot of energy and my bill would be damn high

flush01

DKdeadly said:
yea but i am talking about the using of watts if i get 1000 watts will the whole pc use 1000 watts or only like 600 or 500 for the parts..

or let me put it this way if a pc parts like your need 600 watts and you get a 1000 watts power supply will the whole pc use 600 watts that it need or will it use the whole 1000 watts..

Cuz 1000 watts using all the time for pc that is a lot of energy and my bill would be damn high
i believe it will use only what it needs... but im not sure...
i just dont understand why would you waist $, unless you millioner or something... i mean im pretty loaded as well, but i could not justify to pay that much $ for a damn computer... i rather supercharge my car or something

anyways, im heading out, good luck;)

liquidshadow

You can't just say he needs a "550Watt" PSU. That doesn't help at all. And, yes, the system only uses the amount of electricity it needs.

DKdeadly

How about the ddr ram which ones could i use for the a8n32 asus

And do you think the koolance case is worth the money because i think it might have a good air flow?

Any thought?

DKdeadly

Fianally got my system;

AMD Athlon 64 FX60 Toledo 2000MHz HT Socket 939
2x Western Digital Raptor X 150GB(RAID)
CORSAIR XMS 2GB DDR 400
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
PC Power & Cooling TURBO-COOL 850 SSI
2x XFX GeForce 7900 GTX XXX 512MB DDR3
Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Koolance PC4-1036BK

DKdeadly said:
4 GPU's(4 graphic cards)

I'm sorry...I know this thread is a few days old, but this was bugging the hell out of me and I saw that no one had corrected it.

GPU does not mean Graphics Cards...it means "Graphics processing unit" similair to "Central Processing Unit" (CPU). Having 4 GPU's is having 4 actual graphics cores, not 4 graphics cards, although they can be the same, if you're using single core graphics cards.

asdfguy

computermaineack said:
I'm sorry...I know this thread is a few days old, but this was bugging the hell out of me and I saw that no one had corrected it.

Me too. Every article I've read and website I've seen since first reading this has reminded me of this thread - sort of like a little knome-like creature stabbing me in the eye with a pick ax everytime I think about it.