Building New PC

Tanner

New Member
I'm a novice at building PC's but so far this is what I've come up with.

Intel Core i7 920 - $270
XFX HD-489X-ZSFC Radeon HD 4890 1GB GDDR5 PCI Express x16 (2.0v) $175 after $20 rebate
G.SKILL Trident 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) Triple Channel Kit $194
Western Digital AV WD3200AVJS 320G SATA2 7200rpm $44 x 2 = $88
Asus P6TSE LGA1366 $177 after $20 rebate
SATA Blu-Ray Combo LG $77
Case + Power Supply $205

I had a few questions, What PSU will i need? I would like to get the minimum i can just to save money. As long as i have the minimum power the machine needs that should be fine?

Also is this the right type of motherboard for my other parts, or are there better preforming motherboards or should i be considering getting a better one?

Will i need to but a new network card and sound card also? I have a very old pc atm, and these parts are easily over 5 years old, I don't need good sound, so could i transfer these very old parts into the new PC?


Any help and opinions are appreciated.
 
This is a great power supply for the money, and will power your build no sweat. You could even run two graphics cards off this unit.

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ($109.99)
($89.99 after $20.00 Mail-In Rebate)


Your parts all look good. Asus makes great motherboards, and that processor and RAM will work nicely.

You won't need a sound card, that board has 8 Channel Audio.

You won't need a network card either, unless you're on Dial up.

Leave your old parts where they are.
 
Back
Top