Building now..

Intel_man

VIP Member
To be fair, all Laquer Head does is play games.

The i5 is still a better processor for that. Just sayin.

Besides he games at 4k, none of these processor wars matter. The 1080 Ti is still the bottleneck.

Laquer Head

To be fair, all Laquer Head does is play games.

The i5 is still a better processor for that. Just sayin.

Besides he games at 4k, none of these processor wars matter. The 1080 Ti is still the bottleneck.

I also swear and drink....

But, yeah I basically use my rig for gaming in 4K..

some work, but that's basic word, excel, powerpoint shizz

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Can't do Ryzen,,, its just not in me. I give AMD credit though!
For shits and giggles I priced out new Ryzen stuff and came out around $850 with everything I'd buy (mobo, CPU [1700X], RAM, new M.2 SSD, CPU cooler). Granted the bump isn't THAT huge from my 4970K but with Ryzen I would definitely go back to AMD. The only reason I went to Intel was because AMD was shit back when I upgraded a few years ago.

Laquer Head

and that $850 is usd$ but yeah,I get that Ryzen has been priced very aggressively.

I'm still looking at options, and I'm not closing the door on AMD..just yet.... there I said it

Darren

Staff member
Am I actually getting shit talked by not one but two AMD whores? ?
Are you actually insulting us for recommending you a better product for your money? Either go i7 or Ryzen. i5 as things currently stand is foolish.

Edit: This post is slightly redundant now that I read the second page. I'll leave it. :p

Laquer Head

Are you actually insulting us for recommending you a better product for your money? Either go i7 or Ryzen. i5 as things currently stand is foolish.

Edit: This post is slightly redundant now that I read the second page. I'll leave it. :p

Check your PM.. lol

Darren

Staff member
After like 6 years of i3, i5, i7, the name i9 just sounds like a parody.

Dat competition.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Apparently i9 is reserved for processors with 6 or more cores.

Which makes sense in the product line where i3 is dual core + HT, i5 is quad without HT, and i7 is quad with HT except for that one entry level kabylake-x that is labelled as i7 but does not have HT?

Laquer Head

I picked my new shit.. flame away if yall must..specs in sig... nice little upgrade for me.

Thanks @Intel_man for help

The rest of you...your stink brings tears to eyes...all of you!!! cretins..

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I picked my new shit.. flame away if yall must..specs in sig... nice little upgrade for me.

Thanks @Intel_man for help

The rest of you...your stink brings tears to eyes...all of you!!! cretins..
Let me know what you are getting for temps. I'm tempted to go with the 7700k but I heard they run HOT...