Building Tablet to run Java drawing software

Tryingthings

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum. Joined because I think you guys could provide me useful advice.

You see, I'm working on a project where I'm trying to build a tablet whose main function it is to run java software for drawing/writing. Mind you, I don't have much experience in this field but I have taken a course in programming at uni which I enjoyed and I'm currently studying java on my own. I'm at a point where I still don't know what I don't know about programming and computers, though I'm sure there's a whole lot to learn.

My questions for today are (because I'm hoping you'll answer future ones too.. :) ):

Once I finish writing the code for my java drawing/wriitng program, how do I get inside to tablet hardware?

I feel like after the software is ready, all that's needed is to build the motherboard which would include all the other components of the tablet like the OS, sensors etc. and then it would turn on and work.

Am I wrong or Is it really that simple?

Any feedback to help with my project would be much appreciated.

kam

Hi,

I'm not very familiar with the Java software you mentioned, but I think it would be a good idea investing in a tablet/laptop hybrid? As this can provide the same usage as a regular tablet (for your drawing), as well as being used as a regular laptop. As I said I don't know much about the software you're running, but this is just a suggestion!! Hope all goes well for yah :)

Tryingthings

Thank you kam for the suggestion. The thing is, I wanna build the tablet from scratch to run a a java program I have written. That would pretty much be the function of the tablet(ie to run my writing/drawing program).

Thanks again for trying to help