Bulk(ish) Cat5e/6

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
I'm looking for a couple hundred feet - like 200 tops, of Cat6 (5e is fine). I don't really want to buy a 1000ft spool just to use like 10%. I've checked the usual resale sites like kijiji for some and there doesn't seem to be any.

Does anyone know anywhere else I might be able to find some?

beers

Staff member
Home Depot up there by you? They carry 500ft boxes or they can cut whatever you need.
I think Lowes also has some, they had some cat5e the last time I was in the electrical wiring section.

You can honestly likely find some in any real home improvement store, many builds use it for phone and data wiring.

Last edited:

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys.

I'll check out Home Depot and Lowes. I don't remember seeing any there before but if they have spools that I can just cut what I need that's perfect. Or I could order that 200' cable and just cut the ends if they don't carry it here.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Kitchener now, but yes.

UW costs a lot and if you want to do software you need to roll like a 99.5% average. Unless you sneak in for a graduate degree. I had a 97% coming out of first year in Hamilton and they turned their nose up at me lol.

Laquer Head

Kitchener now, but yes.

UW costs a lot and if you want to do software you need to roll like a 99.5% average. Unless you sneak in for a graduate degree. I had a 97% coming out of first year in Hamilton and they turned their nose up at me lol.

Oh dang no way, small world..I'm currently renting a house in the thriving metropolis that is New Hamburg.