Bulldozer hits 8.429GHz under Liquid Helium

jonnyp11

oh yeah, i love the way on the anandtech post they say in there that the conference was a few weeks ago, and also this is all they are being allowed to show at this point, meaning there is much more to be told about the meeting.

spynoodle

Any low Watt Dual-Cores coming out in the 32 nanometer Socket AM3+ line of processors?

Yep, I was wondering the same thing. :) I might actually want to get an AM3+ mobo in the future, but I want a cheap, overclockable CPU to go with it. That's what I hate about Sandy Bridge. :angry:

StrangleHold

Staff member
I might be completely wrong. But I doubt there will be a single module/dual core Zambezi. My guess that will be left to the APUs. From what I understand they will be releasing a unlocked APU. The APU will be changing over to the Zambezi cores too.

jonnyp11

haven't heard about that, only the trinity running piledriver cores/modules, which they demoed running deaus ex i think, and it was killing the hd3000 in both looks and speed on the same settings thanks to dx10/11 and more power, now since ivy is claiming +60% i want to see those 2 facing off.

StrangleHold

Staff member
haven't heard about that, only the trinity running piledriver cores/modules,

Piledriver/Zambezi are both based off the Bulldozer core. Just different platforms. Slap a GPU on a Zambezi and call it a Pliedriver which is what Trinty is. But it wont be a socket AM3+, its a socket FM2. The next generation of Zambezi was suppost to be Komodo with up to 10 cores and tri channel memory, but it was a new socket. They decided to stick with AM3+ and suppost to come out with one called Vishera.

Last edited:

jonnyp11

good, whenever i can get something going, i'd like to have a socket that'll last a while, which i why i'm liking amd, then i want something powerful still, so i really want these things to succeed.

spynoodle

Piledriver/Zambezi are both based off the Bulldozer core. Just different platforms. Slap a GPU on a Zambezi and call it a Pliedriver which is what Trinty is. But it wont be a socket AM3+, its a socket FM2. The next generation of Zambezi was suppost to be Komodo with up to 10 cores and tri channel memory, but it was a new socket. They decided to stick with AM3+ and suppost to come out with one called Vishera.
FM2, huh? Is there any chance that FM1 motherboards will only need a BIOS update?

jonnyp11

other than the October 12 date, the prices have been out for a while, but i think they were saying 255 or 65 a week or 2 ago.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Since all of them are unlocked, my guess the 8150 sales will suffer because of the 8100 and 8120. Probably the 8150 comes from alittle better yield core for a few 100 more mhz. My eye is on getting one of the FX-6100. You know that there is not a 3 module, so I say the 6100 has a disabled module, unlocking time again. lol

Last edited:

jonnyp11

well you'd have to have an unlocking board wouldn't you, unless there is a pin sldering/welding or whatever trick that does that, also the 26th might be when the server cores are released on newegg and other retailers.

linkin

VIP Member
Every AMD board has a decent unlocking function. Since the 700 series boards. Granted it's for current gen CPU's but who's to say AMD wasn't planning ahead.