Bulldozer's gonna be on 'da cheapz!

2048Megabytes

How good is the graphic processing unit that is with Sandybridge processors? It appears AMD is trying to do the same thing.

I personally do not care for the graphic processing unit package combined with a processor because it isn't going to beat a good video card.

mihir

VIP Member
121a.jpg

That is pretty reasonable for an Octo-core,any chance that this article is fake. :good:

StrangleHold

Staff member
Not sure but I believe the story is alittle off. Plus from what I understand, they will all be FX and unlocked. With more models being released a month or two later.

FX- 8130P clocked 3.8ghz with Turbo at 4.2ghz.
FX-8110 clocked 3.6ghz with Turbo at 4.0ghz
FX-6110 clocked unknown
FX-4110 clocked unknown.

claptonman

I might have to do a new build with the Octocore. But I dunno what sounds cooler, octocore or hexcore... heh.

wolfeking

banned
that wont happen. They are setting up bulldozer with bicore modules. That will mean that all of their bulldozer processors will end up in multiples of 2.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Could be that its cheaper to disable a module on a X8. Then have a whole different production run just for a X6

mihir

VIP Member
Could be that its cheaper to disable a module on a X8. Then have a whole different production run just for a X6

HAHA.
Then I hope that the octo core is unlockable from the hex-core.

What was up with phenom II 555 then,they had phenom II dual cores right.

Last edited:

StrangleHold

Staff member
What was up with phenom II 555 then,they had phenom II dual cores right.

All the Phenom II X2 and X3 are quads with cores disabled. When you have all 4 cores on one die and 1 or 2 are defective. Its better/cost effective to disable them and sell it as a X2 or X3 then trash can it.

Some had really bad cores and could not be disabled. Some had what AMD would call, not up to standards, but would unlock and run fine for most people. Then since they got popular some had good cores but were disabled to fill a demand performance/price point.

2048Megabytes

All the Phenom II X2 and X3 are quads with cores disabled. When you have all 4 cores on one die and 1 or 2 are defective. Its better/cost effective to disable them and sell it as a X2 or X3 then trash can it.

I think it is a wise business practice to do this. I do not know why Intel would throw away a whole central processing unit if three or two cores were still fully functional on a quad-core processor chip. Intel could sell these processors as Celerons and make $70 or more off each one.

StrangleHold

Staff member
I think it is a wise business practice to do this. I do not know why Intel would throw away a whole central processing unit if three or two cores were still fully functional on a quad-core processor chip. Intel could sell these processors as Celerons and make $70 or more off each one.

Well before Intel was making a monolithic quad core and was slapping two duals on a die. They poked fun at AMD for doing it. Now they would have to eat crow if they did, lol They probably have boxes full of them and dont know what to do ith them now.

But both companies in the past have done it with the dual core with a bad core and selling them as single cores.