Bulletstorm Query

C4C

Seems like it's most likely a developer issue. I'd try sending them a message and seeing what they say. Normally there isn't much to do without hopping into the coding. :(

bananamonkey87

I sent an email to the developers who redirected me to EA, to which I couldn't find how to contact them through email, only an instant chat function that didn't work when clicking it, and calling, but because I'm outside the US I don't qualify. So my only option was to try EA's forum to make a new thread identical to my OP, which I did but I just have to wait for that community to see if they can help out.

I think it's possible to fix as people have done so it just doesn't work for me when trying their methods. Did you have a look at that link I provided in OP? When trying what ending up working for the guy in the end, the game wouldn't even startup for me, probably because all the text in the INI files that I modified got converted from their mumbo jumbo to plain text. I'm lost and would really like to fix this as I will then be able to turn off MOUSE ACCELERATION!!! AHHH!!

Agent Smith

That is so much BS that they took a simple INI file and encrypted it. That makes no sense once so ever. If it was a plain old INI file you would be able to use Notepad ++ or a common text editor. EA has terrible customer support. Even if you live here in the U.S.

Now since you more than likely messed up the INI file/s you may in fact have to reinstall the game to rebuild those INI files I'm afraid. I could have a look at these INI files, decrypt them and edit the required lines to change the options you need. I should be able to do it. I'm not sure however on what lines need to be edited. So if you upload the INI files to Mediafire or something and tell me what lines you need edited I can have a look. I don't log into this forum very often, but I'll check this thread tomorrow for a response.

bananamonkey87

That is so much BS that they took a simple INI file and encrypted it. That makes no sense once so ever. If it was a plain old INI file you would be able to use Notepad ++ or a common text editor. EA has terrible customer support. Even if you live here in the U.S.

Now since you more than likely messed up the INI file/s you may in fact have to reinstall the game to rebuild those INI files I'm afraid. I could have a look at these INI files, decrypt them and edit the required lines to change the options you need. I should be able to do it. I'm not sure however on what lines need to be edited. So if you upload the INI files to Mediafire or something and tell me what lines you need edited I can have a look. I don't log into this forum very often, but I'll check this thread tomorrow for a response.
Yeah tell me about it, that's what everyone else was pointing out. But to be fair they apparently admitted that they went overboard, and should have separated the basic settings from settings that can greatly benefit you so you can climb the leaderboards easily. But release a patch then, so yeah, it's BS. How long could it take -_-

There are INI files in the default directory that are used to default the settings. I altered them as well as the ones the game uses located in My Documents to see if that was the source the game read from. You can easily fix the ones in My Documents by deleting the folder and starting the game, which generates fresh files. But not the default ones. However, I tried many things before resorting to a forum and I already uninstalled the game in reinstalled. So all files are back to normal but I still don't have a solution.

I can actually modify the files to what seems fine, like the guy did in his OP in the link I provided, but the game acts as if the changes never happened. I think he had the same problem. If you want to give it a go here is the link as well as both programs I used to edit the files:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6frhvkaq6dji7qj/Bulletstorm_Config_Editors.rar

I used the INI editor to modify what were obvious parts of code to change, such as key configs, but the game never recognised those changes. The changes were saved when viewing them again in the editor though so I don't know what's going on. Do you have the game? Thanks for your help.

bananamonkey87

Okay, had a look and couldn't find anything related to mouse acceleration. but did find this: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1768824

I turned off mouse smoothing that might be what you're after. Backup your old StormInput.ini and replace it with this one and see how it goes. https://www.adrive.com/public/KSqhZC/StormInput.ini

I don't have this game.
Thanks for the link but those guys are just talking about the INI editor and I already know about that. The problem is the game isn't recognising the changes. I just had an idea: what if I use that other program I provided? Originally it didn't work but that's because I left the file unencrypted. How can I encrypt it again so the game might start up? Maybe that's the solution and what the guy in OP for the link I provided ended up doing.

Agent Smith

I already edited StormInput.ini and reencrypted it in Bulletstorm INI Editor. You just have to click save before you close.

bananamonkey87

I already edited StormInput.ini and reencrypted it in Bulletstorm INI Editor. You just have to click save before you close.
Hey man,

Yeah I know that but your INI doesn't work probably because you did what I did: edited and saved using the INI Editor. When you reopen the file you can see the changes but the game acts as if no changes were ever made. My question is in regard to the inicrypt.exe. I don't know how to encrypt it once unencrypting it. I don't know if this will even work but maybe the issue is the INI Editor, so I wanna try it this way. Maybe if I encrypt it again using inicrypt it may work for me.

Agent Smith

I'm not sure why the game doesn't detect the changes. This INI file is from your My Documents folder, correct?

Maybe there's a cache of some type? Just for the hell of it, run Ccleaner and System Ninja and then try my edited INI file.

bananamonkey87

I'm not sure why the game doesn't detect the changes. This INI file is from your My Documents folder, correct?

Maybe there's a cache of some type? Just for the hell of it, run Ccleaner and System Ninja and then try my edited INI file.
Yes it's from the My Documents folder, I haven't touched the folder where the game installed since I reinstalled the game.

Your advice didn't work. On a side note I've tried making the files Read Only but that didn't help either. I wonder if my game version, since it's the latest version, is incompatible with the latest version of the INI editor. But that seems irrelevant. Would you know how to encrypt the file again after using inicrypt.exe? Seems that could be worth a shot.

Every time I play the game I have to reconfigure the settings and keys I've assigned, but not being able to fix the mouse is agonising lol.

Agent Smith

The Bulletstorm INI Editor should do the same thing as inicrypt.exe. I don't know the command lines for the program. I'm sure that if this game saved settings it would work. I think this is another EA F-up if you ask me.

bananamonkey87

The Bulletstorm INI Editor should do the same thing as inicrypt.exe. I don't know the command lines for the program. I'm sure that if this game saved settings it would work. I think this is another EA F-up if you ask me.
Yeah I just thought I'll give it a go, and you're probably right about EA as they are usually like that. That's okay I don't think I'll be able to fix it. People don't seem to have trouble with it but I do, maybe the version of the game has something to do with it but I doubt it. Thanks anyway.