Burn large ISO file cd?????HOW

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
Can't do it. CDs are at best 800MB I think, there's no way you could ram a 3GB ISO image in one. It's simply impossible, like hauling a boat with a Yaris...

Why would you need a CD instead of DVD anyway? DVD bootables should work just as well, unless the computer only has a CD drive... in which case you're out of luck.

Can't do it. CDs are at best 800MB I think, there's no way you could ram a 3GB ISO image in one. It's simply impossible, like hauling a boat with a Yaris...

Why would you need a CD instead of DVD anyway? DVD bootables should work just as well, unless the computer only has a CD drive... in which case you're out of luck.

thanx all for ur reply, but i never asked that i want to fit all 3gb data in one cd. all i was asking with for example- i bought Assasin Creed video game, it was in 3 dvd's then i put 1st dvd in pc and press install. after few minuts it asked for 2nd dvd then 3rd dvd........
in same sense how can we make windows 7 iso split into 700mb and when i will install windows it should ask for cd's one by one.

ErikAlbert

As far as I know Windows 7 is sold on DVD, not on CD.
Create an ISO-file from the Windows 7 DVD and burn that ISO-file to an empty DVD and test this new DVD to be sure it works. Voilà

Last edited:

StrangleHold

Staff member
thanx all for ur reply, but i never asked that i want to fit all 3gb data in one cd. all i was asking with for example- i bought Assasin Creed video game, it was in 3 dvd's then i put 1st dvd in pc and press install. after few minuts it asked for 2nd dvd then 3rd dvd........
in same sense how can we make windows 7 iso split into 700mb and when i will install windows it should ask for cd's one by one.

I understand what your saying. But why would you want to use three CD instead of one DVD?

StrangleHold

Staff member
To make it more difficult, that's why I always say "Simplicity is always brilliant."

lol

The dude might just have a CD drive. A 20/25 buck DVD/Burner would be a good investment. Gives me flash backs of the floppy install of Windows 95 and back.

ErikAlbert

lol

The dude might just have a CD drive. A 20/25 buck DVD/Burner would be a good investment. Gives me flash backs of the floppy install of Windows 95 and back.
LOL Very true. I remember the days when a harddisk of 30mb was a miracle and the laptop of IBM had a very small screen and weighed a tonne. :)