Burner doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC eye

banned
"imapi cd burning com service" is not to be found in msconfig, you say? have you looked?

About manual vs automatic. If I have it set to manual and starts a burn in mediaplayer, it magically starts anyway

The question that should have been asked would have been pointed at drewski as to which version of Windows was this problem being seen on. For burning with WMP 10 in XP the following would apply.

To enable CD burning
From the Start menu, right-click My Computer, and then click Open.
In the Devices with Removable Storage area, right-click the CD drive, and then click Properties.
If your CD drive is recognized, you will see a Recording tab. On the Recording tab, verify that the Enable CD recording on this drive check box is selected.

Next, verify that the Image Mastering API (IMAPI) CD-Burning COM service on your computer is enabled.
To enable IMAPI
Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Services.
Right-click IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service, and then click Properties.
Set the Startup type to Automatic.
Click Start to start the service, and then click OK. Note that you may have to log off and then log on for this change to take effect.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/mediaadvice/0091.mspx

The Imap cd burning COM service item is not seen in the msconfig if you happen to be running Vista. The previous instructions for typing in the services.msc command on the Start>Run apply to both versions there.

StrangleHold

Staff member
That isn't found in the msconfig utility.

Yes it is.

Cant believe that all this is over your IDE Cable Big Bang Theory. PC eye his burner worked just fine untill he unchecked some items. Its pretty obvious what happen. Why dont you just stop the B/S.

Last edited:

PC eye

banned
Yes it is.

Cant believe that all this is over your IDE Cable Big Bang Theory. PC eye his burner worked just fine untill he unchecked some items. Its pretty obvious what happen. Why dont you just stop the B/S.

And if it turns out the drive simply quit or and who said just ide but simply put data cable since drewski never replied with either what type ide or sata as far as the optical drive let alone which version of Windows was being run there. So before you open your yap again maybe you should pull your head out of your... and actually smell what you are shoveling. :rolleyes:

MrBucket

Ya he probably hasn't replied back yet because your making a big f**cking deal about this, i wouldn't either if i didn't know what i was doing and i came on a forum and a guy's panties were up in a bunch and started "e-fights" with other people over a tiny obvious first suggestion. An admin should really just come in here and lock/delete this thread this is just getting stupid honestly.

ihavenoname

Drewski..... try this: right click on the CD drive > click properties > click the recording tab > make sure the "Enable CD recording on this drive." box is checked. That could of been changed when you were screwing around in there, lol.

PC eye

banned
Ya he probably hasn't replied back yet because your making a big f**cking deal about this, i wouldn't either if i didn't know what i was doing and i came on a forum and a guy's panties were up in a bunch and started "e-fights" with other people over a tiny obvious first suggestion. An admin should really just come in here and lock/delete this thread this is just getting stupid honestly.

You should see the volumes of other threads trashed by a few unnamed... :rolleyes: Yet not much has even been done there.

I've simply been waiting to see if the OP will actually return at this point with a few answers rather then listening to the "noise" by some people trying to rule anything else other then what they think is absolute without question without first finding out more.

StrangleHold

Staff member
This is exactly how you got 20,000 post. PC eye you just cant stop can you. Its like a endless rant on and on and on. It gets to the point where the thread is meaningless because you have twisted/dragged/kicked/wiggled the thread to death.

MrBucket

I PM'd a few admins to see if they could lock this thread. . . somethin about it seems to keep everyone coming back, its a friggin black hole of dumb sh*t wth

PC eye

banned
...in the msconfig if that's what you mean by "System Config" would be disabling any necessary background services for Windows in the services tab not the startup group.

lol he never came back!

When you see this non sense would you? Probably not! Unfortunately this is simply a repetitive agenda someone else has in mind rather then staying with the OP's actual original topic seen on countless threads. :rolleyes:

PC eye

banned
What you should have said was that I simply didn't rule anything out since drewski never came back to provide more information like general system info, which version of Windows, how old the system was, etc. since the problem could be from anything. Generally when exiting the msconfig what do you see first? restart now or later?

The restart at that time could have seen Windows load sideways for another reason making the drive inactive while still being listed. Can any disk with data on it already still be read? No answer from the OP still while all anyone hears is you still mouthing off as usual. :rolleyes:

PC eye

banned
When Windows loads Sideways for another reason.

I'm sorry if I went past your 3rd grade education there. But I still have to watch you continue to rant on and on and on and.... :rolleyes:

Since the OP never came back to add any further information this thread should simply be closed up and deleted!

Status
Not open for further replies.