buying a gaming laptop

XHotxEx791

How much is that in american??? You can't get much from a laptop in gaming. Sorry about your dell. I think the problem might've been with the psu or your power connection.

PuddleJumper

I would suggest getting a souped-up pc with an old fashioned crt monitor for maximum bang for the buck - as far as gaming goes. Like HotEx said, you can't really get much quality gaming out of a laptop, especially when factoring the money.

Dropkickmurphys

i dont really want to build my own beucase ill probably f*ck it up, would a shop that builds pc's build a laptop do you think?

Geoff

VIP Member
I've seen laptops with 256MB x800's and 6800's. Im sure that would be niec for gaming. And an AMD Athlon 64 3800+ with 2 GB ram. You can search on eBay for some alienwares or something.

alanuofm

VIP Member
i got my dell a year ago and i play games fine. i get well over 100 fps in counter-strike. if you buy it under education instead of home, you save even more money. for 1500 i got a pentium 2.8 ht, radeon 9700 128 mb, 512 mb pc3200 dual channel, cd-rw, 60 gb hd 5400 rpm. the same laptop at the time was around 2500-3000 at alienware/hp/etc.

lilm3boi

Dropkickmurphys said:
i know dell do a fairly good gaming laptop, but i dont want another dell beucase i think they are sh*t.

First off, Dell doesn't make the hard drive. Second, it should still be under warranty. Third, did you drop it? A gaming laptop for that price is almost unheard of. What kind of games do you play?