Buying a Laptop

Explode

HP Pavilion zd8000
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1706540,00.asp

I have been looking for a good laptop because I believe I will be purchasing one sometime over the summer or early september for University. I am a gammer and I spend many hours on the computer so I have been looking recently without much luck for a good Laptop Computer. I found this today and I was wondering if it would be a good choice. I have a desktop from Dell but they have bad looking Laptops from the looks of it with low processing power and allround they seem to be lacking. This computer seems to have pretty good specs and I was wondering if anyone could help me find a good company or laptop out there.

Explode

I was wondering if you knew how good these companies are with warrenties and if there should be any concern in buying a Laptop from Compaq or Hp. I have usually worked with Dell for Desktops and they always gave great return on there promises.

Apathetic

Ah, well, dell could be an option. I'm not sure how good the warrenties are. I've never had and computer troubles so I wouldnt know. Im sure hp and compaq both have nice help and everything but you might want to wait for someone whos had experience with it.

Explode

Dells Laptops seem like they are outdated to most Laptops out there when it comes to processing power and I don't want to be stuck with there 1.7ghz which was the highest I recall seeing last time I was on their site.

Explode

when I buy its usually around 2000 canadian but I might be willing to go within 3000 and I am searching now and doing research for august before school starts. So depending on what it offers I am willing to go to 3000.

Echo_

get the dell xps 2 the best laptop out
pentium m (arguebly best intel proc)
6800 ultra go (best vid card for laptops and only on dell xps 2)

cheap price w/ 1 gig of ram maybe 2400 usd