Buying A Motherboard

batman810

IM looking into building a new computer, And I have everything picked out but the motherboard. I cant seem to find what Im looking for.

Im looking for this motherboard: ATX, socket 478, 3.4GHz P4 processor, HT technology, 800MHz FSB, 4 gig DDR pc3200 ram 184 pin, Multi Device booting features on the BIOS, AGP 8X, Gigabit LAN.

Thats pretty much the motherboard that I want, Ive been looking and this is the closest I have found:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=696842&Tab=2&NoMapp=0

The only thing I dont like about that one is that it doesnt support a 3.4GHz processor. Other than the processor thats everything that I want in a mobo. So if anything comes to mind for somebody let me know. Thanks

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
The only thing I dont like about that one is that it doesnt support a 3.4GHz processor.
Short of the P4EE-3.4 .... Socket478 didnt feature 3.4GHz chips if im not mistaken (ok so there were a few but they damn near vanished)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
you don't wan't that cpu it's trash
take atlhon 64 3200+ or 3600+
A fan boy and not just that, a misinformed one .... where exactly do you plan to procure a 3600+? And how might i fit a Clawhammer 3200+ into that SLI board? To sum, if you're not gonna contribute something meaningful or useful to the discussion then dont -- cuz it's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're a fanboy rather than open it and show the world you are. On a closing note, any die-hard AMD fanboy oughta know that rev1 for the NF4 boards are gonna definitely need some tweakin.........

Nephilim

VIP Member
you don't wan't that cpu it's trash

I agree - it's better to get an imaginary processor like the 3600+. That way you can dream up killer benchmarks while you're at it.

Yeti

VIP Member
Try an Abit IC7-G. I don't know about the multi device booting in the BIOS (or what exactly that means) but other than that it works. I have a P4 3.4 GHz Northwood in one now and it works quite well.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know about the multi device booting in the BIOS (or what exactly that means)
You cant multiboot via BIOS (since theres only one operational BIOS 'at any given time').... multibooting refers to booting to different OS installations :)