Buying a used gamer pc - are the specs OK?

Michellemabelle

Hi,

As the title states I'm planning on buying a used PC from someone who built it himself. I wanted to hear you guys' opinion on the specs vs. the price.
A disclaimer: PC hardware is generally more expensive in my country (Denmark).

SPECS:
GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB Gaming X
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 3,2 Ghz
RAM: Corsair Ballistix 8 GB DDR3 RAM
Case: NZXT S340 White
MO: ASUS M4A87TD-USB3
Harddrive: Samsung EVO 850 - 250 GB SSD + HDD 500GB
PSU: XFX Core Edition PRO550W
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO + 4 fans inside.

He wants $700 for the PC.
It's got the GTX 1060 6gb, which is basically worth half the price of the whole PC.
However the CPU and MO are fairly old.

I'd like to be able to play games like Warframe, League of Legends, Planet Coaster on high settings.

Jiniix

Still a decent 6 core CPU, the cheapest 1060 is about $360 and entirely quality components.
Not too bad a deal to be honest.

Jiniix

Neither would I, but buying from new you might get an i3 / RX470 build or equivalent. Ryzen 3 hasn't launched in stores here yet.
However I'm a big fan of buying new, because you don't know anything about the used parts.

kam

For what you're looking to play, this PC is a fairly good deal. Just keep in mind that it is a second hand PC, so issues could arise out of the blue if you're not careful. Over all, I think you'll be fairly happy :)

Darren

Staff member
The GPU isn't bad but you'd need to upgrade the CPU very soon and doing so requires a new CPU, Mobo, and RAM which will be at least $400+.

Jiniix

Most likely a FSP500-60APN 85+, but FSP for sure. They call it a SharkGaming Bloodpump :p
You have the option to upgrade to FSP Hydro Gold or a Corsair, but that would only be a jackpot.