Buying a used iMac??

Id0ntkn0w

Hi,
I’ve been recently looking into buying a used iMac. Been wanting a slim line desktop for video editing for ages and while initially I was preparing to shell out over 1000 for a new iMac, I notice there are lots of used models online....but after watching a few YouTube videos... there certainly seems to be lots that can go wrong with them...from being slow (which would drive me round the twist!) to having software update problems. ... to be honest, I’m a computer novice but I know I need a desktop with at least 16gb ram and a decent graphics card and many say don’t buy a iMac without ads or fusion hard drive. Would love to hear your experiences or recommendations for models to avoid etc. What I really want is a very responsive, quick as my iPhone desktop. What do you think?

chingon

Hi,
I’ve been recently looking into buying a used iMac. Been wanting a slim line desktop for video editing for ages and while initially I was preparing to shell out over 1000 for a new iMac, I notice there are lots of used models online....but after watching a few YouTube videos... there certainly seems to be lots that can go wrong with them...from being slow (which would drive me round the twist!) to having software update problems. ... to be honest, I’m a computer novice but I know I need a desktop with at least 16gb ram and a decent graphics card and many say don’t buy a iMac without ads or fusion hard drive. Would love to hear your experiences or recommendations for models to avoid etc. What I really want is a very responsive, quick as my iPhone desktop. What do you think?
I wouldn't spend that much on a older imac. the newer ones are pretty good but if your talking about one from 1999 or 2005 those are useless now. try shopping around for the best deal