buying first gaming laptop what do you think?

torrentuniverse

good day all! so i am new to the laptop gaming scene, and still have no first hand experience with them. i am excited but at the same time i feel as if i neutered my gaming experience, the laptop is being built by a company that i normally over look when i consider buying a new computer, except of course printers... its the HP omen 17T and i dont mean the omen x 17. these are the specs i chose

8-cell 86 Wh Lithium-ion Battery
802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 combo
HP Wide Vision HD Camera and dual array digital microphone with 1Thunderbolt™ 3
Full-size island-style backlit keyboard with numeric keypad
No DVD or CD Drive
Intel® Core™ i7-8750H (2.2 GHz, up to 4.1 GHz, 9 MB cache, 6 cores) + NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 (8 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
16 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (2x8GB)
17.3" diagonal FHD 144 Hz IPS anti-glare WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080) with NVIDIA G-SYNC™ technology
Windows 10 Home 64
1 TB 7200 rpm SATA; 128 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
No Optane
Security Software Trial
Office Software Trial

i think this laptop will serve me well. and i only got it for the slickdeal promo, of $1,349.99.

without me actually holding it in my hands i cant tell you if i like it or not i have a 30 day return policy so yeah thats plenty of time for me to make up my mind if i want to keep it or not.
what do you think? should i save my money and build a gaming pc or keep this? would you be happy with this computer for the price?

_Kyle_

I would not suggest getting HP. If you are going to get a gaming laptop look at MSI or ASUS.

torrentuniverse

hahaha yeah. ill compare the omen with my bros custom laptop before sending it back to china. i feel maybe asus is the way to go i never had issues with them in the past.