Buying New Computer

Zabarl

MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

AMD Athlon 64 3800+ Venice Integrated into Chip FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3800BPBOX - Retail

CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model TWINX1024-3200C2PT - Retail

THERMALTAKE Silent PurePower TT-420AD(DUAL FAN) ATX 420W Power Supply - Retail

Arctic Silver "ARCTIC SILVER 5" Thermal Compound - OEM

SONY MPF920 Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive - OEM

NEC Black IDE DVD Burner Model ND-3520A - OEM

LITE-ON SOHD-16P9S Black IDE DVD-ROM Drive - OEM

Already have videocard and hardrive? Anything missing? All parts good with eachothe??

Geoff

VIP Member
It all looks good, what video card and hard drive do you have? And whats the price on all this stuff? and where are you getting it from?

ripken2004

if i were i i would get a dfi ultra board and a san diego 3700, but the venice is still an excellent cpu, same with the mobo but the dfi is better

Zabarl

I have a 120g, 160g, and two 20 g hardrives. I am going to buy a videocard later(out of cash :confused: ). I have a crt monitor and goin to buy LCD 17' Samsung after i get some cash. I changed the mobo to an Asus ASUS A8V DELUXE ATX AMD Motherboard. And as you stated I changed it to a San Diego. I am goin to overclock that. Is everything else ok?

CrazyIndian

Zabarl said:
I have a 120g, 160g, and two 20 g hardrives. I am going to buy a videocard later(out of cash :confused: ). I have a crt monitor and goin to buy LCD 17' Samsung after i get some cash. I changed the mobo to an Asus ASUS A8V DELUXE ATX AMD Motherboard. And as you stated I changed it to a San Diego. I am goin to overclock that. Is everything else ok?

how much will it cost?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I changed the mobo to an Asus ASUS A8V DELUXE
Dont do that! :D The Neo4 is a superior board hands down. Also note that the Neo4 is a PCIe board and the A8V is an AGP one (if you need an AGP board, consider the Neo2)

Zabarl

Praetor said:
Dont do that! :D The Neo4 is a superior board hands down. Also note that the Neo4 is a PCIe board and the A8V is an AGP one (if you need an AGP board, consider the Neo2)

Why would you consider an A8V over the Neo2. Don't you use the A8V?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Why would you consider an A8V over the Neo2. Don't you use the A8V?
Because the Neo2 is a better board and has a better chipset. As for my specs, I do indeed use a A8V and dont like it at all (its good for its class but the chipset holds it back from any serious overclocks :(). Hehe its also the only piece of hardware other than the PSU that's remaind constant over the last few months, everything else is always swapping in and out depending on how fast i sell my stuff ;)