Buying Obsolete Motherboard

Atsumi

Mitch?

banned
Doesn't seem to be a difference.
However $139 is WAY too expensive, just grossly so.
What type of CPU does the person have? With the Athlon XP series there was a 266mhz, 333mhz, and 400mhz FSB, and depending on which cpu he has, I have a board that's only been used for a few months, Socket A up to 266mhz FSB.
If you want to google it up it's an ABIT KD7A. I'm more than willing to sell it.
Was a pretty nice board back in the day, DDR400, AGP 8x, USB 2.0, built-in 6 channel sound (though the SUB-OUT socket is broken, still has 5 other ports to use, and you can set another one as SUB) 5 PCI slots, 2xSATA ports, but doesn't have onboard sound. The board also allow for overclocking in the BIOS, and is in the original box with all original stuff.

Last edited:

PohTayToez

Yeah, for those prices you could get cheap board and low end CPU that would still blow away whatever it has now.

However, if you're set on just buying a board, you should be able to grab a socket A board off of eBay for about $10. You don't have to replace it with the exact model that was in it before.

Atsumi

Yeah, for those prices you could get cheap board and low end CPU that would still blow away whatever it has now.

However, if you're set on just buying a board, you should be able to grab a socket A board off of eBay for about $10. You don't have to replace it with the exact model that was in it before.
I told the person I'm replacing it for that, but they're set on keeping the same one. :/