buying prebuilt need advice

jigglymig

Took your guys' advice and went with a i74470k, I liked the AMD for the fact that it had higher Ghz but intel has better overall performance on games and watts. Also added 128gb SSD for os + major functions(probably homework and visual studios) and a 1TB HDD for games and some video editing. Switched and added some stuff, and actually spent about 170 less in parts alone than a newegg individual pieced build that I'd have to build (got a good discount code). On top of that I saved money, got free goodies, and didn't have to spend a few hours on it (I value my time at roughly $30 an hr based on job). So I saved money and got pro wiring and also upped performance and hd a bit. Thanks for the help, I do wish I'd have done a personal build and gained the experience since I've only ever took apart and rebuilt an old 00 or 98 Dell. However it is hard married, full time, working out, and kids and all that in there.
...Going to leave original thread under this...

here is my set up for $1,590 shipping and everything. was curious if this was a good build, plus I spent a bit extra for mouse, keyboard, good packaging, wiring and all that. thanks for help
It is $1339 for just the computer plus windows 8.1 and some free stuff.

Case : 1 x NZXT Phantom 410 Gaming Case - Black

Processor : 1 x AMD FX-9590 CPU (8x 4.70GHz/8MB L3 Cache)

Processor Cooling : 1 x Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid CPU Cooling System - ARC Dual Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow)

Memory : 1 x 8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-2133 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand

Video Card : 1 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 - 4GB -EVGA Superclocked - Single Card

Free Stuff : 1 x [FREE] - McAfee Antivirus PLUS 2014 - FREE with any System ($49 Value)

Free Stuff : 1 x [FREE Game Coupon] - Daylight - w/ purchase of GTX 660 Video Card or Above

Motherboard : 1 x Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 -- AMD 990FX w/ 4x PCI-E 2.0 x16

Power Supply : 1 x 700 Watt - Standard - Free Upgrade to 700W OCZ ModXStream Pro - 80 PLUS

Primary Hard Drive : 1 x 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive

Optical Drive : 1 x [12x Blu-Ray] LG BLU-RAY Reader, DVD±R/±RW Burner Combo Drive - Black

Sound Card : 1 x 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard

Network Card : 1 x Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)

Operating System : 1 x Windows 8.1 + Office 365 Trial [Free 30-Day !!!] 64-bit

Keyboard : 1 x iBUYPOWER Standard Gaming Keyboard

Mouse : 1 x iBUYPOWER Standard Gaming Mouse

Power Protection : 1 x Surge Suppressor - APC Surge Arrest

Advanced Build Options : 1 x iBUYPOWER Specialized Advanced Packaging System - Protect your investment during transportation!

Advanced Build Options : 1 x Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower - Achieve exceptional airflow in your chassis

Advanced Build Options : 1 x Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower - Basic Pro Wiring

Warranty : 1 x 3 Year Standard Warranty Service

Rush Service : 1 x No Rush Service (Ships in 10-15 Business Days)

Last edited:

Tuffie

Why you need sound card..? Do you have a purpose for it?

Maybe buy your peripherals separately, I bet the mark up is ridiculous.

But yeah agree with the previous posts this is way too expensive for what your getting and what your getting isn't even that great.

Geoff

VIP Member
It's actually not too much more expensive, as I build the exact same rig on Newegg and it came out to $1,401.

You should switch out to an i5 or i7, and get an SSD.

Benny Boy

So it's 1590 plus the add-ons. How much are they? $100?
I'm not a fan of fluff. To me the price of add-ons aren't worth it. Even the warranty.
I'd always agree with building it yourself.
Agree with adding SSD & changing power supply too.
Pay for a sound card later & only if your unhappy with the sound it already has.
I wouldn't use McAfee.
If you cherry pick your parts from a supplier, you could have a rig that's like said, way better and at enough savings to make it worth it. Your already dong the hardest part - spec'ing the parts.

Calin

For $1600 id wanna see a SSD, Intel platform and you don't need a 700W PSU.
Maybe not everyone is an Intel platform.

Looks like a good build, but like above said you can get an SSD.
And about the PSU, that's a 220w CPU lol.

jigglymig

currently I have $131 in side stuff. Also get free mcafee and free game, however I currently have 3 comp protection for 3 yrs with avast and am only using it on 2 computers so may add later or just switch out mcafee. Also comes with 3 yr warrenty and 1 yr parts free. If you include windows 8.1 in side stuff then a bit more taken off, but I include that in computer cost.

on top of this I have 120 mail in rebate and could switch to a cheaper chassis and save about 40-50 bucks if I had too.

so 1590 - (131+120) = 1339 for the actual rig. Also if I switched cases then pretty much right at 1300 if you don't care as much about chassis, but I really like this 1.

so is 1339 a good price for this build if you are not looking at add-ons?

Also it won't let me drop under 700w bc of graphics card being over clocked.

Last edited:

Okedokey

Maybe not everyone is an Intel platform.

Looks like a good build, but like above said you can get an SSD.
And about the PSU, that's a 220w CPU lol.

Yeah but for that money, you're not going budget, and Intel is much better. Fact.

Secondly, thats TDP, not power draw, and I don't know of a motherboard that can deliver 220W?

Even if it could, 700W PSU for that rig is overkill.

Last edited: