C&C RA3 Beta

/\E

I just played and uninstalled the RA3 Beta... I played the game for 5 minutes, quit and uninstalled it. The game was absolutely terrible. First of all, the art style was like playing with Tonka trucks when I was a kid. Second of all, the gameplay is too fast and way too simple. It's like a very dulled version of C&C Generals.

Anyone else played it?

lovely?

well did you like any of the other C&C games before? like red alert retaliation? because a review from someone who doesnt like that style of play is pretty useless.

just a noob

westwood didn't make this game, ea pretty much ruins anything that westwood produced, its a really hard act to follow, how long ago did you put the beta code in?

jdbennet

Generals was good but IMHO i didnt like Cnc3
Loved the original cnc though.

Red alert always seemed a little cartoonish to me

where can you get the beta? or is it by invite only?

vonfeldt7

westwood didn't make this game, ea pretty much ruins anything that westwood produced, its a really hard act to follow, how long ago did you put the beta code in?

Actually some of of the original devs from westwood stayed when they were bought by EA. Also generals/zero hour was awesome...except for the fact that the U.S. wasn't balanced right imo.

/\E

EA is a very large rotten apple in a basket full of juicy good ones. EA in the gaming industry is equivalent to Microsoft in the OS industry. I dunno if I am right, but that's the vibe they give me. It just seems like EA always has good ideas and intentions but there is a detail in their finished product that screws it up. I hope that they do not buy out Popcap games, EA would do terrible in the casual gaming environment.

Generals was good but IMHO i didnt like Cnc3
Loved the original cnc though.

Red alert always seemed a little cartoonish to me

where can you get the beta? or is it by invite only?

Generals is somewhat awesome...

I hate to hear that! I'm very excited about this game :(

Yes, I have the key, I got your post on my account. I dunno if you can use it or not but I will let you have it since you asked. I need some way to send you a PM, but I don't have 100 posts. Let me spend some time and get the ability to PM.

I got the Beta by buying C&C3/KW back in the Spring, it had a card enclosed with a key(not the Beta key) but I had to register for it and wait.

Actually some of of the original devs from westwood stayed when they were bought by EA. Also generals/zero hour was awesome...except for the fact that the U.S. wasn't balanced right imo.

auroras/aurora alphas screwed up the balance

The balance for the US is rather off... HMMWV's with rocket soldiers rape everything it seems. I like the Auroras, they are awesome. The Auroras will really tear up a GLA player.

just a noob

the least EA could have done when they bought out westwood was at least keep the name on their products i mean its great that that made cnc3, but they didnt exactly seem to to a good enough job, but from the previews i've seen, it does look like they're going to do a decent job on Tiberium