C programs on Ti84 plus CE-T (calc talk)

jesse kraus

hey people,

i just found out i make scripts on my calculator and i am really excited about this. now i want to use a C script i wrote on my calculator if that is possible. everywhere on the internet i read the answer was no but i think doom was also written in C and my friend got that on his calculator. so i was wondering if anyone knew a way to run my simple hello world script on my calculator.

Darren

Staff member
Would be helpful to know the calculator...

In my trig class in high school we wrote programs on our TI 84's to draw trig equations to make animations. Took like half of a semester since those things have less processing power than my fingernail. Simple text program is easy enough.

Edit: Just actually read the title. My bad.

I don't think the language used on TI-84's is C...? Pretty sure it's custom to those calculators, although you might be able to execute C on it, just not write it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TI-BASIC

Last edited:

Darren

Staff member
Yeah TI-BASIC is about as basic of a programming language as you'll get. We used to write programs in it do formulas and the like, although be careful with that usage as some teachers consider that cheating.

Also makes a handy place to store notes... :rolleyes:

jesse kraus

about the notes, the newer ones have an "exam mode". but yeah i found out the programs are written in another language.
i did already learn a little bit of it and i love it.

you wont believe how much fun i can have with just zeros.

jesse kraus

I really wanna paint my calculator. but i dont think that will be accepted for my final exams.
and i dont think ill be really good at it. i spray painted a gpu but i sanded it so bad that there are scratches all over it, and fingerprints everywhere XD