C2D Air Coolers

tweaker

VIP Member
I'm lead to believe that the Thermalright XP-120 with the S775 adapter, coupled with a high CFM 120mm fan is THE best performing air solution for these chips. Am I mistaken?

The ADDA AD1212DX-A73GL puts out 38.9CFM @ 16dBA and is bundled with this cooler from my store. Is 38.9CFM so low so that the XP-120 can be outperformed by other fancy products as the Thermaltake BigTyp 120 VX?

Thanks.

Attachments

• THEXP120-775F.jpg
    THEXP120-775F.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 57

spacedude89

As far as I know, They are all good, but the Thermaltake Big Typhoon and the Scythe Ninja, and a few others outperform the XP-120. I saw a big review of them and Ill see if I can find it.

tweaker

VIP Member
Oh I see, I thought the XP-120 coupled with a high CFM fan was the best of the best. Guess I have some reading up to do. And yes if you do find the link then please post it.

spacedude89

Ok, Here is a review of the high end coolers I found. They are all so close it really doesn't matter which you choose, And I would suggest looking for the quietest one.

http://www.viperlair.com/reviews/cooling/air/scnj1000/

tempqb9.png

ceewi1

VIP Member
Thermalright's XP-120 is outperformed by its own Ultra-120 as well as a few other tower style coolers. And 38.9CFM really is quite low for a performance 120mm fan. I can't imagine it performing that well.