C2D E6300 @ 1.86 vs intel P4 3.0 GHz

Geoff

VIP Member
no, better

CPU MARK :
p4 3ghz - 474
e6300 - 1390
Well thats mainly because the C2D is a dual-core, whereas the P4 is not. You should have compared the PD if you wanted a fairer comparison, although thats not what he asked so..

But anyways, the Core 2 Duo is A LOT better.

Noir

Btw how much the difference between PD ane C2D?
Is it 50%, because i once see a benchmark comparison between processor and its only differ about 10-20% performance from c2d vs pd.

Kornowski

VIP Member
Well, what about in a few months, when games and apps start to be multi-threaded and then dual core CPU's will be flying ahead!

Geoff

VIP Member
Btw how much the difference between PD ane C2D?
Is it 50%, because i once see a benchmark comparison between processor and its only differ about 10-20% performance from c2d vs pd.
Depends on the benchmark, but even when comparing the 1.86Ghz C2D to a 3.0Ghz PD, the Core 2 Duo would be the best processor overall, especially in games.

BlackandGold

I was just about to start almost the same exact thread so might as well ask here..

My P4 3.2Ghz HT box has bit the dust and Im looking at a E6320 box for running basically the adobe and macromedia suites, what will the performance difference be.

Also the E6300 and E6320 are the same price since the E6320 has twice the L2 cache it seems like the no brainer but am I missing something that the E6300 has?

maroon1

At stock speeds the new E4500 is overall slightly faster than E6320 even though it has less cache. And E4500 is usually cheaper

E6550 is also around E6320 price, but you need to have a motherboard that supports 1333MHZ FSB

BlackandGold

Well the reason its E3600 vs E3620 is because I dont have the time to do a build so Im just getting either a HP or Dell workstation to hold me over since trying to do graphic design jobs on a 1.6Ghz semperon isnt cutting it

BlackandGold

Im looking through that site and see tons of gamer type cards ect but I need a video card along the lines of a Fire GL or Quadro, plus having the customer support of dell/hp is a big plus (they've come to my place and fixed/replaced parts that day) Im also looking at the dell outlet right now so it might turn out to be a Xeon 5120 1.86GHz :D which brings another question....
performance of the C2d 1.86 VS the Xeon

This isn't a gamer box at all, I use a OLD one to run all my nintendo/genesis games for that :cool:

Last edited:

Noir

Someone talking about running a game here, well just want to add.
How much the performance impact would a processor do, for example i use PD 945.
So far as i know its only the matter of speed right? The other depend on ram, vga, and hdd.
Since i can play supreme commander, stalker, dirt, or company of heroes without problem aside of graphic and memory requirement.

Hanamichi

Someone talking about running a game here, well just want to add.
How much the performance impact would a processor do, for example i use PD 945.
So far as i know its only the matter of speed right? The other depend on ram, vga, and hdd.
Since i can play supreme commander, stalker, dirt, or company of heroes without problem aside of graphic and memory requirement.

Till date you can play most of the games with your old config but the future games will gonna rely very much on VGA RAM and a good Processor.So in my opinion a good CPU is also an essential thing to upgrade if you are thinking of serious gaming.