Cable Management Too Difficult?

xTobyMc

I built my first gaming PC about a month ago now, and while I'm still very happy with the performance of the system, I still have frustration in the back of my mind every time I look at the cables inside. My Cooler Master case has a side window in it, so I can see inside at all times, and to me the messy cables just ruin the whole feature of 'seeing your own creation', if that makes sense.

The problem is, some of the cables just won't fit in the back section of the case where all the 'junk' wiring goes. At the bottom near the PSU I just have bundles of horrible cables and it looks awful, and one cable is even draped across the entire front of the GPU and heatsink, which I hate. When I see pictures of other people's finished PC's, they always look so polished and tidy, which all the sexy LED lighting systems and additional features. I really want to be able to have my PC looking nice, so are there any tips, because most my wires generally aren't the right lengths or sizes to work tidily, and I'm even using a modular PSU! I've also tried zip ties, but there's just no formation I can put the wires in to make zip ties of any use.

Perhaps I am just being over the top about the whole situation, I have included a picture of my PC, so what do you guys think?

Here is the link for the pic: http://tinypic.com/r/2zylapt/6

Last edited:

wolfeking

banned
we can help with it (most likely. depends on which waste of money you have exactly). Post a pic of the inside of teh case and the back of he case and we can help.
edit, for whatever reason I did not see the picture the first time. You're management is not even attempted there. First thing to do is to pull all the wires off your PSU and start again. First things first, route all your PSU cables through the bottom hole, and use the shortest route to the connections you can. You only need 1 SATA cable, 2 PCIe cables, 1 EPS 12v and 1 24pin ATX.

But again, we need to see the back of the case too to give any exact advice.

Last edited:

tremmor

I think he can get along fine with getting the wires in line and wire ties. Its about Aesthetics only. making it look nice. just saying get the wires in line, tight, close and wire tie. done.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Some Cooler Masters has less amount of space behind the board plate and side panel. You will need to spread the wires out to get them all back there and the side panel back on. If you bunch them up the side panel wont fit back on.