Cable to computer (better quality than S-video?)

newbie2005

I capture images using S-video connection, out from cable box, in to my computer. The quality is quite good.

I'm thinking about using the cable connection. Currently, my television captures the signals from the cable box (via some sort of coaxial cable). If instead the signals going from the cable box into my computer, will the result quality be better than S-video connection.

jjsevdt

No. You're doing good with the S-Video. AS far as quality goes in video here's the pecking order: ok- coaxial | good- Composite (yellow RCA) | Better- S-video | Best Component

celsdogg

composite in simplest explanation seperates red, green and blue instead of being all smashed together which generates a much clearer, higer definition picture. its a lil more complicated then that, but thats the basics.

component is just your rca cables, white and red for left and right audio, and yellow for video.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Yeh, thats when those (seemingly pointless until now) gold plated cables come in, i believe you can also buy ones with silicon tips and crazy stuff like that, but of course its like ££££'s for a standard 2m cable.