Call of Duty

JooK

I bought COD when I got my computer. It worked great on medium quality with no slow downs. Even though I got a cheap Geforce 4mx, it still worked fine. But like 2 months later, I uninstalled it. Now, about 4 months later, I installed it again. The problem is that the game runs super slow now. I even did a system restore, going back 1 month. The game still ran at like 7 fps on super big open levels. At tops, it ran at 40 when I am inside a room. It still runs pretty slow at everything low and at 800x600. I want to installed Unreal 2, but I am pretty sure that wont run good either (even thought it ran perfact a few months back). So... whats the problem? Anyway to make it go faster?

JooK

I did a full spyware scan and it helped a little... but only enough to get me up like 2 or 3 fps.

hollis098

Well I don't know how to fix your problem but i would just like to say that CoD is a sweet as game, i haven't ever played a game as good as this. I don't know what makes it so good, but what ever it is it sure has me hocked:)

b3n

VIP Member
hollis098 said:
Well I don't know how to fix your problem but i would just like to say that CoD is a sweet as game, i haven't ever played a game as good as this. I don't know what makes it so good, but what ever it is it sure has me hocked:)

Doesnt really help anyone.

The same problem happened to me. You could try updating your video drivers.

ZER0X

VIP Member
Doesnt really help anyone.
It helps Hollises pointless posts :p how many is it now 60+

Have you installed any patches since you installed it recently
Installed drivers since then?

I know ever since I've installed these omega drivers for my ATI it's been a bit jumpy even on older games :confused:

JooK

I think I had older nvidia drivers. I will try 1 below of what I have now. I will also try Direct X 9.0b, even though it probably wont work.

JooK

YES! It worked. Thanks to all of you for pointing me in the right direction. I downloaded the latest Nforce Drivers and it worked. I can run COD up to 25fps with everything high! Obviously 25 isnt a lot, so I will work with medium with a constant 40+. I dont know why the latest Geforce drivers didn't work, but what ever... THANK YOU again!

Tha Killa

What nForce drivers did you get? Theres like a "Audio Driver Package" (probably not it), "Unified Driver", and "Nvidia System Utility". Anyone know what they all do?

Last edited: