Camcorder to Computer

JoeBloggs

How can i get the footage on the tape (svhs) in my camcorder (s video , and yellow/white connectors for output) onto my home computer for editing?

Lax

VIP Member
Any sort of capture card will work (even most tv cards that have s-vid in).Then you can just pull it directly off the camera with Windows Movie maker (if you really want to) or use another third party program (I can't think of the names of them off the top of my head, it's been a long long time).

Lax

VIP Member
Like I said, I haven't touched a capture card in years (plural). The best bet would be to go around and look for reviews on the cards/boxes (a lot are external now) and see what would suit your needs the best. It doesn't need to be extremely expensive to get the job done, just remember that as an important deciding factor.

604action

Just look for a video card that has an s-video input and you just plug your camcorder into your video card s-video input and then use the software that came with your video card to get whatever you want in your camcorder.
3f4366aeb9c157cf9a30c90693eafc55.jpg

Lax

VIP Member
Video cards have s-video outputs, not usually inputs. A video card with an S-video input would be an All In Wonder style card which is just a video card with a capture card integrated.