Camera Choosing

ScottALot

I'm making a lot of plans for stuff to get when I get moneys. I am considering a 100-200$ SLR-style camera that's very noob-friendly. Any suggestions?

Fatback

VIP Member
The Fujifilm cameras are very nice for the price. I had an S1500 and it was easy to use and took really good pictures for the price. Although they have the new S1600 and S1800 out now so I don't think they sale the S1500 anymore. Also if you you wanna consider buying used then you will have more cameras to choose from. I just picked up a used Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8 in mint condition for $176 and its a great camera.

Just look around and see what you can find. There doesn't seem to be to many SLR-Like cameras on the market for under $200. I would look at some older cameras that you can still find new or used. My Panasonic is from 2007 but it takes better pictures then my 2009 Fujifilm I have.

A good site for camera reviews is http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs.asp they have reviews on most cameras and the specs on pretty much any digital camera ever made. Look up some cameras on there that you like then check Amazon for pricing thats what I did. I eventually found one that I liked that was in my price range and thats how I ended up with the Panasonic I just bought.