Camera not detected

jetsmell

Recently purchased a Canon a 590. Downloaded test pics. to computer, no problem.Then had to do a system recovery, I think it was a corrupt file. I believe I got everything back, but now when I try to download pics. on the computer, I get a pop-up that says; camera is not connected. Tried different ports, got latest updates. Am also having the same problem ( no camera detected) with my webcam installation.My printer is fine, it was able to detect that. I use Norten and Fix-it Utilities Pro, didn't find anything there.

aviation_man

What OS are you running on? And do you think that it updated the OS when you did the system recovery? And was the camera hooked up to the computer at some point in the recovery?

aysemj

try this firsthttp://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/details.aspx?familyid=C680A7B6-E8FA-45C4-A171-1B389CFACDAD&displaylang=en
it could fix any problems with the usb...be sure to restart the wizard after each fix and do each usb port twice there are 2 fixes for each port if there is a problem

if that doesnt help:

does the computer or camera say no connection?
are you using their software or windows to upload pictures?
does it recognize the device at all when you plug it in (does the camera say computer connection or does the pc say new device connected?)