Can’t connect to app

Benwalker

Hi all
I’m new here and I’ve joined because I have a problem connecting my app to my marine L.E.D smart light for my fish tank.
So here’s were I am
Last week I bought a new light for my marine aquarium for growing my corals. I won the light on eBay and it was described as being controlled by a simple to download app. Great!! So upon setting the light up I download the app to my iPhone 8, great stuff everything looks good! No it doesn’t look good the app finds the light through the lights WiFi but the app will not send any commands to the light! Bummer!! When the app finds the light the light is identified by the former owners ip address.
So after hours and hours of emails I got in touch with the lights makers LEDzeal and they inform me I need an android device to download the app from google play so I go out and buy a Samsung tablet, go to google play download the LEDzeal app and again the app finds the light under the former keeper IP address. Ok I’m not up on computing so I press on it and change some settings on the light and send to the light! Successfully sent it says but still the light isn’t responding to my commands? So I have the person around who I bought the light of. He gets his tablet out and he controls the light!! And after an hour and half of trying to get my app working it just won’t everything seems to be right but the light will just not respond to my app
Is it to do with the I.P address?
Theres no password or anything on the light
The light is a Malibu s 200 (LEDzeal)
WiFi
It’s like the light is locked to his app/google account, but he’s deleted his app now
I’m all confused!
How can I get the light working from my app
Please
Thanks
Ben

Darren

Staff member
Probably only thing to do is contact manufacturer directly, likely just poor design and is indeed locked to the previous owner.

I have an LED strip but it uses BlueTooth instead so this kind of thing can't happen.

Benwalker

I’ve contacted the manufacturer and they said it should work
1st thing I thought is why is it WiFi and not Bluetooth!!!
I’m really peed off everything I try to get it working fails!!