Can 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT play Warcraft?

Primex

My company gives me a discount on Dell computers, so I figured I'm finally gonna replace my old laptop. I was looking at video cards and I'm so confused as to which ones are better than others. I saw that Inspiron Notebooks can have a 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT card. I'm not a hardcore gamer by far, and I don't need the bestest video card in the world, but I do play Warcraft on my desktop and my older laptop every now and then. Would I be able to play with this video card?

Just to let you know this is some of the other specs:

-Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 (2.4GHz/800Mhz FSB/4MB cache)
-2G Ram
-Size: 160GB SATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)

Last edited:

Archangel

VIP Member
I assume you mean WoW? either way, yes, it should run easely, seeing as the game can be played maxed out on a 6600GT already. (assuming the CPU and RAM arnt completely junk :) ) So yes, it should run good (I think it'll run maxed out tbh )

Primex

Sorry, I do mean World of Warcraft. Cool thanks for letting me know, everyone says that you need such a high level of a video card to play games, I wasn't sure. Plus I'm told that you need an actual gaming computer to play any game, which I thought was weird since my old laptop is like 3 years old now with 1G of ram and a 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 6800 video card and it plays Warcraft perfectly.

taylormsj

You do need a good card to play the current games, but wow is an old game with bad graphics, your card is fine for it but it oculdnt touch new games, like crysis

Primex

I don't even know what Crysis is, so I guess that has absolutely no bearing on my decision. Like I said, I'm not a big time gamer, all I do is play Warcraft on Sundays.