Can a chipset be replaced or upgraded?

Kevin O'Connor

I can't figure out how to change the FSB speed on my MoBo. I think the board Mfg is (CUW-AM) or may be that is the model number. I did find a small chart in the silk screen printing on the board that shows different jumper locations for different FSB speeds but I can't find the jumpers to change them. This board has an Intel 810 chipset. According to the Intel web site the 810 chipset does not support auto FSB speed select but the 810L or 810M does.

Are BIOS chipsets removable? Can I replace them on this MoBo with a better chipset? If so, is this a tricky job?

SlothX311

i dont think that you can do that man, because if you think about it then the audio codecs and like com ports, and everything would be jacked....im just about 100 percent on this.....anyone else have an idea?

Kevin O'Connor

Yeah, I thought so. By this time I have replaced just about everything on the mobo. Might as well get a new mobo for another $100 or a whole new system.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
The chipset can be replaced -- if you just so happen to have a fab facility in your basement. So essentially no you cant replace or upgrade the chipset. :)