can anybody recommend a good digital camera?

zaroba

i have a 4mp canon powershot a430 now. its a lovely camera, best digital camera i've ever owned. however, there is a problem. while on vacation a few months ago, i accidentally dropped the camera and the lcd screen on it broke. it still works fine, but when it comes to changing its settings or anything else, its as good as useless. stuck forever in the settings it currently has since i can't really change them without the screen to see what i'm changing.

so, i need a new digital camera. although i was considering just buying a new a430, but i am wondering if theres any better cameras out there that people use.

basically, what i want in a camera is a good amount of zoom, along with super macro to get real close, and a fast shutter since i don't have a very steady picture taking hand.

hpi

banned
I habve a canon rebel xti which is an slr and love it.

What's your price range? Your not gonna get a real good digital camera for less then 800$ but it's also depending on what you wanna use it for if it's just basic stuff then a Canon PowerShot A630 is plenty.

Or theres the better A640

Edit : The rebel xti would be good for your needs after reading you want macro and all.

It's got an anti shake feature as well, before taking a picture you can half click the shutter button and then you clikc it fully and it steadies it.

Last edited:

alexandergre

in my opinion DSLR cameras are just good for "Pros´s"
If you are just going to take family, vacation photos then a normal compact camera will do the job for you. they are tiny and very portable. Many of them can also record movies. But DSLR are big and kinda expensive in my point of view. The good thing about DSLR is that you can change the lenses, the image quality is better. but the bad thing is that they cant record movies.

If you are going to choose compact, I can recommend you some good ones! they are much cheaper !

Justin

VIP Member
for Digital Cameras get either a Sony Cybershot's or Canon IXUS'. ;)

I have a 8.1MP Sony Cybershot. It's fantastic! :D