Can anyone help me out?

Neaptide

I restarted my pc and while I was resetting it said that I have more than one drive and I said to erase all of them but now a message saying An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that dont contain an operating system.
Press ctrl+alt+delete to restart
I did pressed the hotkey and the same thing showed up so I disconnected my single drive. They both did nothing and I am at my wits end. Does anyone have tips for me?

aldan

without more info it seems you may have wiped your hdd.if that is the case,a reinstall of windows as well as all your apps is in order.

_Pete_

Yes sounds like a wiped hard drive. A reinstall of the operating system and all apps will be needed. Your biggest problem will be the fact that all your personal files will have gone as well unless you have backed them up. Not gloating, incidentally. Been there, done it myself and I am supposed to know what I am doing. You don't say what operating system you are using but if it is Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 there should be a recovery partition although this will not restore your personal files and it's existence will depend on how much of your hard drive erased. But if you can get an operating system back on so that you can boot into Windows then you might be able to recover some stuff using a third party file recovery program such as Recuva. This is a free version but when I did exactly the same thing as you have, although for a different reason, I found that only a paid for program worked and it took nearly 3 days to get SOME of my files back. I used Seagate File Recovery for Windows. It wasn't cheap but it did recover 90% of my files.

Neaptide

Yes sounds like a wiped hard drive. A reinstall of the operating system and all apps will be needed. Your biggest problem will be the fact that all your personal files will have gone as well unless you have backed them up. Not gloating, incidentally. Been there, done it myself and I am supposed to know what I am doing. You don't say what operating system you are using but if it is Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 there should be a recovery partition although this will not restore your personal files and it's existence will depend on how much of your hard drive erased. But if you can get an operating system back on so that you can boot into Windows then you might be able to recover some stuff using a third party file recovery program such as Recuva. This is a free version but when I did exactly the same thing as you have, although for a different reason, I found that only a paid for program worked and it took nearly 3 days to get SOME of my files back. I used Seagate File Recovery for Windows. It wasn't cheap but it did recover 90% of my files.

How should I go about reinstalling Windows 10 from the boot screen? I would pu t a picture but this website says that it is too large.

_Pete_

If you have recovery options on the hard drive then it should give you that option when you boot. If it doesn't then those options are not available. If that is the case then you will have to download recovery media from the Microsoft website. I am assuming, still, that you are using a Microsoft product. If so then Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 can all be downloaded from Microsoft. You will need a valid product number if you want Windows 7.

Neaptide

If you have recovery options on the hard drive then it should give you that option when you boot. If it doesn't then those options are not available. If that is the case then you will have to download recovery media from the Microsoft website. I am assuming, still, that you are using a Microsoft product. If so then Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 can all be downloaded from Microsoft. You will need a valid product number if you want Windows 7.
It shows up as a console page that I can't browse on. The only options I have that I know of is the hit ctrl alt delete to restart my computer from the console. rps20171001_104424.jpg

Neaptide

without more info it seems you may have wiped your hdd.if that is the case,a reinstall of windows as well as all your apps is in order.
I managed to compress this so that this website would take it. Please respond if it helps you understand anything else.

Attachments

• rps20171001_104424.jpg
    rps20171001_104424.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 0

_Pete_

That is part of the POST sequence that your computer runs to test various bits of the computer prior to booting Windows or whatever operating system you are using. You still haven't said what operating system you were using. Judging by that picture you have managed to completely wipe your hard drive to the point where it actually looks like as if you do not have a hard drive installed. I'm afraid that if you do not have any recovery material backed up or access to any recovery options then it will be way past my capabilities to talk you through reinstalling the required software over the internet. Maybe someone else can help.

Neaptide

That is part of the POST sequence that your computer runs to test various bits of the computer prior to booting Windows or whatever operating system you are using. You still haven't said what operating system you were using. Judging by that picture you have managed to completely wipe your hard drive to the point where it actually looks like as if you do not have a hard drive installed. I'm afraid that if you do not have any recovery material backed up or access to any recovery options then it will be way past my capabilities to talk you through reinstalling the required software over the internet. Maybe someone else can help.
Do you have any reccomendations as for who to ask for help from?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Then you can download the ISO file here.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

Download the tool and create an ISO for a dvd. Then use burning software to write the image to the dvd, don't just copy the iso file to the dvd as it won't be bootable. If you have another system running windows 10 then just right click on the iso file and click on burn disk image and it will open a program to burn the image to dvd. Then boot to the dvd and install windows, it will automatically activate when it gets to the desktop.

_Pete_

Going to have to jump back in here. @ the OP. If you do this DO NOT EXPECT ANY OF YOUR PERSONAL FILES TO BE THERE after you get Windows back up and running. I don't think it matters now as I think you have already wiped your hard drive but reinstalling Windows from this ISO will format your drive effectively wiping everything off and re-installing a clean copy of Windows10.

Neaptide

rps20171006_164835.jpg
Going to have to jump back in here. @ the OP. If you do this DO NOT EXPECT ANY OF YOUR PERSONAL FILES TO BE THERE after you get Windows back up and running. I don't think it matters now as I think you have already wiped your hard drive but reinstalling Windows from this ISO will format your drive effectively wiping everything off and re-installing a clean copy of Windows10.
After a week of problem after problem, another problem has showed up. I have tried many methods for this, but when setting up Windows on my computer, it says Windows cannot be installed to this disk. Ensure that the disks controller is enabled in the computer bios menu. I have tried using diskpart to get It to work and I have also checked all my bios settings all to no avail. Any tips?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have a copy of hirens boot cd? There are utilities on there that you can use to wipe the drive/change type of partition. You want it to be an mbr partition.