Can I block or do something about messages from carrier?

paulcheung

Hi guys,
I am tired to receive all the promotion messages from the carrier, they come in all hours even in the 2am. Can I block them or silence them and put them in some where else? my phone is BLU Studio 5.0II using Android 4.2.2.

Thank you.

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
The best way is to Root the device and use an App like Titanium Backup to freeze what you don't want. Note that this will most likely void any warranty you have, and your Carrier probably won't even want to touch the phone afterwards.

The other option is to go to the App Manager and selectively turn off notifications via the check-box for each App in question.

Also, make sure Auto-Update Apps is off as they sometimes flash a notification.

paulcheung

The best way is to Root the device and use an App like Titanium Backup to freeze what you don't want. Note that this will most likely void any warranty you have, and your Carrier probably won't even want to touch the phone afterwards.

The other option is to go to the App Manager and selectively turn off notifications via the check-box for each App in question.

Also, make sure Auto-Update Apps is off as they sometimes flash a notification.
It is the SMS messages send by the carrier and their customers. I don't want to turn off the notification in case an emergency message coming. is there a way to selectively block some numbers?
Thank you.

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
Long-press the SMS message and select View Contact. On the Contact screen, select Settings, then simply add them to your reject list.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Usually those carrier messages come from random SMS numbers. I'd contact your carrier and tell them of the issue and request to be removed.

Also sometimes if you respond STOP to one of those messages, they'll take you off the list.

Geoff

VIP Member
The best way is to Root the device and use an App like Titanium Backup to freeze what you don't want.
That won't stop him from receiving text messages from his carrier. If they are all from the same number, there are root methods to block numbers as well.

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
I kept getting promotional messages from certain Carrier-sponsored pre-loaded Apps (VZ-whatever). Froze the Apps and bingo, no more messages/notifications. Your Carrier mileage may vary.

Geoff

VIP Member
I kept getting promotional messages from certain Carrier-sponsored pre-loaded Apps (VZ-whatever). Froze the Apps and bingo, no more messages/notifications. Your Carrier mileage may vary.
That's correct, if it's an app doing it then you can either disable it without root if you're lucky, or root and use TiBu. However if it's an SMS text like it sounds, that wouldn't help.