Can I check who has visited my Twitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any way I can see all the people who have viewed my Twitter page? Even if they don't have Twitter? I want to know if my ex-gf has been looking at my page. Even if she checks it from the public library without signing up for a Twitter account, is there any way to know the IP addresses of everyone who has viewed the page?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
No there is no way to see who views your twitter.

If you don't want people to see anything without knowing who follows you, protect your tweets.

Geoff

VIP Member
What good would the IP be anyways? Do you know her IP? Are you going to investigate every single IP that visits your twitter feed?

Without starting a new thread...

Let's say I know an IP address. How much information can I find out about that IP address? I assume I can find out what ISP it comes from and an approximate location.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member

Let's say I know an IP address. How much information can I find out about that IP address? I assume I can find out what ISP it comes from and an approximate location.
You can usually get an idea of where they are located, and by idea it could be to that city or as wide as a few states away. I manage iPads for our district, which give the location based on IP, some of them are fairly accurate while others think we are hundreds of miles away. The only true way would be to contact the ISP with a court order to find out who has that IP.

There would be thousands of IPs to sort through, it's not like only a few users see your twitter feed a day.

beers

Staff member

Not really a whole lot. Usually you can get some sort of city from the reverse DNS prefixes or traceroute. Whois information may tell you a bit about the provider.

It sounds like you're really paranoid over nothing, though. Why would it matter in this instance?

emmalopez

Is there any way I can see all the people who have viewed my Twitter page? Even if they don't have Twitter? I want to know if my ex-gf has been looking at my page. Even if she checks it from the public library without signing up for a Twitter account, is there any way to know the IP addresses of everyone who has viewed the page?

You can't see any people who viewed your profile though you can check who is starting following you or not

freebilly

I agree with the above comments. No you won't be able to track those who are visiting your Twitter page. Even if you're able to identify their IP address, you cannot really know if they're using a proxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.