Can I do this with my HHD?

RunAway

I have windows installed on a separate drive, but I have a few other drives for backup and storage. I have two large drives that I use to mirror one another with all my family pictures and home video. I also have a couple of off-site backup drives incase of home fires or such. One day I hope to be able to afford ultimate cloud storage but for now I just use physical drives. Point is I don't see a need to mirror drives any longer. I can use just one large drive on my main PC and keep it backed up regularly. My question: I want to pull one of the internal sata 2 drives I'm currently using to mirror, and store at another location. I have it formatted as a "simple" drive, I think... Is it something I can just plug into another computer and retrieve the data like I can an external hhd, or is it digitally married or something to the computer I originally formatted it with? I use a couple of external hhds that I just plug and copy. I need more drives I can use in that way and currently I just happen to have several 1 terabyte internal drives on hand so no need to go out and buy external drives if I can get an internal drive to work in the same way as my external drives.. Thanks..

strollin

You should be able to plug it into any other computer (with proper connections) and retrieve the data. The drive is not married to the computer or even the OS so even a computer with a different version of Windows should be able to read it. Operating systems other than Windows should also be able to read the drive but may need a utility/driver to do it.

RunAway

You should be able to plug it into any other computer (with proper connections) and retrieve the data. The drive is not married to the computer or even the OS so even a computer with a different version of Windows should be able to read it. Operating systems other than Windows should also be able to read the drive but may need a utility/driver to do it.
Went just that way. Thanks so much!!