Can I install Windows 10 and Keep my games and files from Windows 7?(FIXED) (SOLUTION FOUND)

Hi I am one of the few who hasn't transitioned into Windows 10 yet. I missed the Free Upgrade opportunity given by Microsoft a while back but now I feel tempting to do the change. I have access to a Legit copy of Windows 10. I am tempted on going from 7 to 10. Is there a way that I can install Windows 10 and keep my games currently installed and pictures from Windows 7 OS(1.3TB)?

I only have 1 HDD by the way.

Also 2nd question. Are there any positive objections as to why I should keep Windows 7 and Not Upgrade/Update to Windows 10 other then maybe not being able to Keep my old Files and games?

Thanks.
EpicSurvivor

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I would highly suggest doing a fresh install, it would be well worth it in my opinion. The free upgrade may still be around but there are articles saying they shut down the upgrade but there was another thread where someone upgraded using the windows 7 key and it still worked. You can try going here and download the tool to upgrade to 10.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I would highly suggest doing a fresh install, it would be well worth it in my opinion. The free upgrade may still be around but there are articles saying they shut down the upgrade but there was another thread where someone upgraded using the windows 7 key and it still worked. You can try going here and download the tool to upgrade to 10.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Thank you for your help once More Admin. But the article you provided does not offer any solution for free upgrade or anything of that nature. Unless I miss read something the offer seems to have expired.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Download the tool and run it. After a couple steps you'll get the option to upgrade this pc. Someone already upgraded their machine to 10 last week so it still works.

Agent Smith

Also 2nd question. Are there any positive objections as to why I should keep Windows 7 and Not Upgrade/Update to Windows 10 other then maybe not being able to Keep my old Files and games?

1) Do you want a built-in keylogger in your computer? (It can be turned off? But why's it there in the first damn place?)

2) Read the Win 10 EULA and see what all the Info. it is they pull from your activities.

Free is NEVER free. You're Redmond's cash cow with 10.

There. Those are my objections. LOL

SOLUTION
Okay guys so here is the deal I am new to Computer I just started maybe 2, 3 years ago. Someone on a different forum suggested I create a separate Partition and install Windows 10 on it. That's what I did. Now I have Windows 10 on a 400GB partition on my single 2TB HDD and I have Windows 7 on the other one for a Dual boot.

Many thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it. My two favorite forums <3