can I just blow it up?

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
as far as I know, I haven't gotten close up on a 6600 but looking at the images of the 6600s it looks to be the same mounting style

Greg J.

VIP Member
Do you have the newest DirectX installed? DirectX 9.0c ?? You can get it at microsoft.com
Also, what is your power supply wattage?

cyras21

I have the EVGA model card. I will check the fan as soon as I get home tonight. All the drivers are up to date including the direct x and I have a 400w power supply. The only thing I can think of now is that the card itself is bad. Anyone have any experience returning items to newegg?

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
remember when you check the fan, also check the thermal pad/tape if they didn't use grease. If the pad/tape is broken you should rma it

cyras21

I checked the fan tonight and it's on there pretty solid. I didn't want to fool with it too much so I left it on and couldn't check the tape.

cyras21

UPDATE!!! I decided to reinstall my old video card. Remember the reason for the upgrade was Far Cry was sluggish at times. After reinstalling the card I went to ATI's website to update the driver. They just released an update on the 17th. Far Cry and HALO both work with ABSOLUTELY no problems. NONE!!! I guess the problem all along was the actual GeForce card, no other way to explain it. I just hope returning the card to newegg isn't as painful as troubleshooting it has been. Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it.