Can I repurpose both the internal harddrive and SATA adapter of my old laptop?

I've gotten a better laptop now, and my old one is totally broken. The screen is dead, and there's no point in fixing it because of how old it is. However, I found out through some articles that I could repurpose it's internal hard drive and turn it into an external hard drives. I didn't want to buy an enclosure, so I found from https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Your-Own-External-HD-Enclosure that I could make my own enclosure, as long as I have a USB to SATA converter. I'm trying not to spend any money on this project, so I was wondering if I could feasibly remove the one from my old laptop, and repurpose it to make a DIY enclosure. I'm pretty sure there is one in there, because the laptop itself has a USB port, but keep in mind, I have little tech experience. For reference, the laptop is an old Lenovo Thinkpad X220 Tablet.

Hi John,

I understand that the enclosure itself is actually very cheap, but the issue is that I don't have the ability to purchase anything, regardless of its price. Is there someway I could take one out of my laptop, or other common electronic?

aldan

Hi John,

I understand that the enclosure itself is actually very cheap, but the issue is that I don't have the ability to purchase anything, regardless of its price. Is there someway I could take one out of my laptop, or other common electronic?
Hi John,

why yes there is.but if you have to ask how there is no way your going to make that work.i have been poor most of my life and i can afford what these guys are talking about.i just cant understand why people have to make life that much more difficult for themselves over 10 bucks.