Can I stream with my laptop?

rosepastel

Hello !
For some time, this idea has been in my head and I think it's time to get started! So I would like to start to stream on Twitch. Currently abroad, I do not intend to invest in a PC right now.
I have my laptop, but I don't know if it would possible to stream with this. Can you help me please?
It is an Asus ROG G550JK-CN363H :
- Intel Core i7-4710HQ (Quad-Core 2.5 GHz / 3.5 GHz Turbo - cache 6 Mo)
- RAM 8Go
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M
I don't know if it would help but, I will use my phone (samsung s9+) as webcam, I have a soundcard (audiobox usb presonus) for my mic and my headphone, I will use Streamlabs OBS too.
If you need more informations, so please ask me
I don't know if it is possible to change the composition of my computer, but if it is possible and necessary, I think the cost will be more interesting than buying a new computer!
Thank you a lot for your help ^^

Okedokey

Streaming is (assuming your network is up to grade) is dependent on core frequency and count of your CPU. You will probs need to turn down some settings.

rosepastel

Network here is pretty good, so I don't worry about that. But what do you mean by turn down some settings please? (I am very 'novice' in that, sorry !)

Okedokey

Resolution, FPS, other quality settings. Im not very knowledgeable in the streaming area either mate, however I know it is highly CPU bound.

rosepastel

I can read they recommend : Intel Core i5-4670, so I guess mine is not good enough? Is it possible to change it on my laptop?

Darren

Staff member
Your i7 would probably do ok, but latency will be your biggest issue usually.

Stand alone laptops sound bad. Even through a good gamer isn't special . I stream with a laptop when its convenient.

It sounds much better through a good DAC chipset to better audio sources. I use a portable Maridian. There are plenty to pick from. Dragonfly etc. To blutooth headphones keeps things light on the go.

On my stereo system it goes something like PC usb to Matrix DAC/pre to amplifier to Mirage om-10's, svs 12' sub.

o

Last edited: