can i upgrade the graphic card on my alienware? Spec inside

Hanzu

Hi, been a while since i been here and i need help with something lol so thanks in advance!

my alienware aurora is

Intel Core i7 920 (2.66GHz, 8M B Cache)
15 GB Triple Channel 1333Mhz DD R3
Single 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240
640GB - SATA-II 3Gb/s 7200RPM, 16MB Cache HDD
Lunar Shadow, Alienware Aurora Chassis, 525W PSU
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium , 64bit, English
Killer Xeno Pro
Alienware High-Performance Liq uid Cooling

with 525W PSU... what is the max graphic card I can slap up there?

Newegg links would be greatly appreciated :) thanks

Hanzu

its an alienware man.. how should i know? i looked on the side, it didnt even say what watt it was, i had to ask for an invoice a mnt ago from dell lol

.. and umm budget? how about 100-200 for the graphic card? and im not sure if maybe i can replace the power supply also? would that give me better option @a better graphic card?

Last edited:

maxxielol123

oh thats bad...

can you maybe look how your GPU is connected to the psu
if you notice when you pull it out there are 6 holes in it. maybe there is an additional 2 hole thing hangin' on there when not- 6pin when it is- 6+2pin

hope now you know how to look for it:)

maxxielol123

Ok i red that you have 1 6pin connector...

the nvidia 550ti needs 1 6pin too, that would be a great performance upgrade for your pc:)

jonnyp11

Well i've never seen a 525w from a trusted brand and those gpu's use a lot more power that what you have, just take the side panel off your case and see what is on the side of the psu, brand and model would be best, but brand alone should do.

maxxielol123

Well i've never seen a 525w from a trusted brand and those gpu's use a lot more power that what you have, just take the side panel off your case and see what is on the side of the psu, brand and model would be best, but brand alone should do.

huh? a 550ti and 6870 only need a 450 watt psu and do not use more than 150watt per unit?