can not boot after adding new mobo and processor

Ganesh Panadi

Help!
Today i purchased a new amd a6 6400 and msi a68hm-e33 v2 motherboard but after assembling everything correctly when i tried booting to windows 7 it showed windows logo but the animation stopped midway and the system restarted.
so i uninstalled windows through diskpart and made my sd card bootable with ubuntu image but when i choose try ubuntu without installing or install ubuntu the same thing happens it takes me to the language selection screen but then it restarts. I dont get it why is this happening?

ps I tried the method where you set sata config to ide from ahcpi(or something like that)

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
A bootable linux image should work fine, but if you changed your motherboard you can expect windows not to boot. A repair install can usually fix it, but usually you're better off reinstalling.

Also, switching your SATA controllers operating mode after installing your OS generally isn't recommended. I have a post on here somewhere about how to do it in windows, but it doesn't work 100% of the time.

beers

Staff member
I'd do a fresh Windows format.

Windows is traditionally awful between platforms and requires reinstalling Windows. Windows 10 has made some advances in that regard but it's still recommended to do a new Windows installation when changing platforms.

What kind of temperature are you observing on the CPU? What power supply are you using?