Can someone teach me how to partition harddrives?

jasonxman

banned
Can someone teach me how to partition harddrives? I want to know how to dual boot my computer because I have a windows professional CD and I want to run both my Windows XP home and Professional. Please don't tell me to upgrade -_-:D

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Please tell us how many hard drives you have and what size they are so we can better help you determine what would be the best partition sizes.

jasonz

You will need a third party software, something like partition magic or the free gparted. Then you boot from the CD and change the size of each partition. Give a few more details and you will probably get better help. Also, there are a lot of good tutorials online if you search.

jasonxman

banned
I have 2 hard drives C: (Main) and D: (Empty)

C drive has 66.3 GB Total Space and 48GB left
D drive has 23.8GB Space and 23.6GB left.

Irishwhistle

You will need some partition software. You can download gParted here . Just download the file "gparted-livecd-0.3.4-7.iso". Once you have downloaded that just tell me and I will post burning instructions. DO NOT TRY TO BURN ON YOUR OWN UNLESS YOU HAVE BURNED CD IMAGES IN THE PAST (this is not just a normal burning job, you have to use special free software that you can download).

~Jordan