Can the SAPPHIRE RADEON X800 PRO Handle Doom3?

Bruce

Does anyone know..Like can it handle it flawless on a pentimu 4 3.2 with that card?

Last edited:

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Does anyone know..Like can it handle it flawless on a pentimu 4 3.2 with that card?

Sure Y not? :).. 3ghz processer is just fine for the new gen graphics cards.

I'm running a 6800GT and the thing just rocks on my 2.2ghz AMD processer.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Will just mention that Nvidia cards do run Doom3 a tad bit better then ATI although the Radeon X800Pro will run it just great and is a great card. I'd feel bad not too mention that you'd be doing a bit better to pick up a 6800GT if you can find it for around the same price.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Depends how you define flawless. If you mean run a server on that machine while simultnaeously playing at 2048x1536 at Ultra with all settings to max then no. If you mean 1600x1200 High, no problem (you can prolly even get 1600x1200 at Ultra but that might be iffy at some parts in the game)

that you'd be doing a bit better to pick up a 6800GT if you can find it for around the same price.
Same price???? Whoa. The 6800GT is cheaper than the X800Pro.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Same price???? Whoa. The 6800GT is cheaper than the X800Pro

Again I say the same price because where I bought my card the Saphire X800Pro was cheaper... I'm most definatly going to be looking for your advice as to where to shop for my next computer component there Praetor! you seem to find the cheapest places.

Oh ya so anyhow it may be cheaper where you've shoped and it may be cheaper in most places but evidently not where I shop and therefore not everyplace.. LOL.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
I dunno, I just visited the site of the store where I bought my video card and the X800Pro's are now aprox 20 dollers cheaper now and they actualy have some prices listed. At the time I purchase mine I visited 3 stores and none of them had either the X800Pro's or the 6800gt's in stock. I pretty much busted the guys chops at the store to get a 6800gt in ASAP becuase I was spending a crap load of money in his shop. Considering he does not even carry the EVGA graphics cards and I was busting his chops he prob. over charged me.. LOL!! I paid $619. Canadian.

Oh ya he was selling the x800pro for $599. at the time and he quoted me better prices then the other 2 shops and pretty near all item I purchase in his shop including the video cards.

Damn I love edit!! ;)

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Oh ya so anyhow it may be cheaper where you've shoped and it may be cheaper in most places but evidently not where I shop and therefore not everyplace.. LOL.
In general i find that the X800Pros are at least the same price as the 6800GTs (if not more). A really silly thing in Canada we've got a chain called FutureShop (associated with BestBuy) ... they've got the 9800XT for about $100 more than the X800Pro :p

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
they've got the 9800XT for about $100 more than the X800Pro

I've not noticed that! LOL. and then again I hardly ever go into that store but wow that just makes no sense at all.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Then I say "BRING IT OOOOOOOOOON BRUCE!!" :) I highly recommend the 6800GT although the X800Pro is great it's lacking the same performance as the 6800GT. As far as doom3 goes 6800GT all the way.