Can you hook up a WiFi range extender (w/ built-in Ethernet port) to a WiFi directional antenna?

dekw04

Hi everyone.

Can you hook up a WiFi range extender (one that comes with a built-in Ethernet port) to some model of WiFi directional antenna via an Ethernet cable in order to get better WiFi?

I recently got a WiFi extender (NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender AC750 Dual Band) that comes with an Ethernet port built into it.

Can I link this device to some model of WiFi directional antenna using an Ethernet cable (and an adapter if it's needed)?

I plan to set up the WiFi range extender in the location that picks up the best WiFi signal, but even so I think I may be able to significantly improve the signal by linking some model of WiFi directional antenna to the WiFi range extender via an Ethernet cable.

With that said, can you hook up a WiFi range extender (one that comes with a built-in Ethernet port) to some model of WiFi directional antenna via an Ethernet cable in order to get better WiFi?

If so, can anyone specifically tell me what kind of WiFi directional antenna it has to be and/or give some examples of models that would work?

Thank you.

Tags: WiFi range extender, WiFi extender, Ethernet port, Ethernet cable